does anyone a very very god exercise for planches? i can hold ana dvanced tuck planche for 15 sec, but i cant get the next step to straddle planche, i tried everything. Anyone who is much better than me and can give tipps?
Help :cry:
Johannes
Started by Sameroney, January 9, 2009 · 14 Replies · 4,824 Views
does anyone a very very god exercise for planches? i can hold ana dvanced tuck planche for 15 sec, but i cant get the next step to straddle planche, i tried everything. Anyone who is much better than me and can give tipps?
Help :cry:
Johannes
I have seen people tie a small weight around their waist and train adv. tuck planches with it on. It offers a small extra step between adv. tuck planche and the straddle planche. You could also tie a small weight around your ankles; however, this would make the exercise more difficult that the variation with the weight on your waist.
Good Luck.
first i'll start by saying i'm at the same point you are... there are a few things i'm doing to try to break past... 1. negative holds coming down from a handstand in a straddle... a hollow lower back helps a lot... 2. with my feet raised a few inches hold a psedeo planche position... try to take all the weight off your toes... 3. weighted rto dips... i feel like its helping... its just slow...
yes, very very slowly, be both need a burner exercise, with allows us to learn the s-planche in 4 weeks, but it doesnt exist....
What about getting into adv. tuck, then extending out into straddle briefly and then back into adv. tuck again (for reps) without coming down?
Two more topics you can read:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1011
wow, good, tipps, gregorr, you very strong, but i dont unterstand why make that round back in the 1. vid, to keep the form easy?? i vfe broken my kahnbein (german) little bone in my wirists, 4 weeks nothing, hope i can beginn at the same point i lost
Sameroney said:does anyone a very very god exercise for planches? i can hold ana dvanced tuck planche for 15 sec, but i cant get the next step to straddle planche, i tried everything. Anyone who is much better than me and can give tipps?Help :cry:
Johannes
I just made a post about this on our blog: http://pull-ups.blogspot.com/2009/01/ad ... addle.html
as I think that it is a problem that a lot of people have
very interresting your site, thank you
George, doing the straddled bent leg tuck sounds like a good idea.
Do a straddle planche on a yoga ball and bounce off, lean forward and back.
have you read Ido Portal's mechanical advantage set forum in the dynamic strength forums? sounds like it would help.
I came on after being gone a couple of months to post on this very topic.
I can somewhat do Straddle Planche now but my arms bend slightly I'd say about 15 degrees as I do it and I can only hold it long enough to be called "sticking it" maybe 1 or 2 seconds tops. I'm hoping if I just keep at it as I do it more my arms will find the strength to stay straight throughout the entire exercise. Is this a wrong assumption and should I go back to the Advanced Tuck until I can extend into a straddle without any bend in my arms?
I was also wondering if anyone knows some other good body weight exercises I can do on the ground that targets the upperback and shoulder because this is destroying my weaker side's shoulder.
ryantherobot said:I came on after being gone a couple of months to post on this very topic.I can somewhat do Straddle Planche now but my arms bend slightly I'd say about 15 degrees as I do it and I can only hold it long enough to be called "sticking it" maybe 1 or 2 seconds tops. I'm hoping if I just keep at it as I do it more my arms will find the strength to stay straight throughout the entire exercise. Is this a wrong assumption and should I go back to the Advanced Tuck until I can extend into a straddle without any bend in my arms?
I was also wondering if anyone knows some other good body weight exercises I can do on the ground that targets the upperback and shoulder because this is destroying my weaker side's shoulder.
1. Do not train planches with bent arms. They will not help you progress AT ALL.
2. Don't you have a pullup bar you can use for "upper back" and shoulder work?
Read the book... it has a lot of various exercises for both pulling and pushing to make your shoulders stronger...
It will become a nasty habit, wich wont be easy to repair it.
I just got my first real straddle planche 2 weeks ago (5 sec) and I used the method george mentioned. It still is not easy and took me 3 months from from a 10 sec adv tuck. I always find it easier if I practice the splits before as well.
Andrew