bucket circles hurting legs

Started by palmcron, January 9, 2009 · 3 Replies · 1,754 Views

palmcron

Hi,

two days ago I tried bucket circles for the first time. Like George suggested I wore socks, so all my skin was covered by some fabric. However the edge of the bucket seems to be quite unpleasent, and now after two days it still looks red just above the ankle, where the edge of the bucket was. It's not the skin but more like a hematome I think.

I tried counter-clockwise and it hurted only on the right leg.

Any hints, what I could be doing wrong? I didn't take a video :(

Is there maybe a certain size/depth the bucket should have?

However I've got to say bucket circles are fun; I don't think I'd ever heard about them - let alone try them - without this website, so thanks :)

George Launchbury

What about getting some small/hand towels, wrapping around lower shins/ankles, and wrapping some duct tape round to secure?

Probably one for each leg ...so you can still walk! :)

Coach Sommer

Place a pillow in the bucket.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

Wear really long socks. I use this sort of synthetic nylon bag called a bucket boot sold by gymnasticsman.com. His site is down now. That way, in case the boys forget socks they still can use it and I just wash it weekly. It fits me to the bottom of my knees and transitions smoothly.

It is best to use a painter's bucket rather than smaller buckets.