Is Foundation One for me?

Started by Emilio Rodrigez, March 12, 2013 · 5 Replies · 3,216 Views

Emilio Rodrigez

Hey,

I have a wheightlifting backround (2 years powerlifting/bodybuilding) and i have a decent strength/bodywheight ratio on lifts.

I bought me rings 2 months ago because i like bodywheight training. I can do false grip slow-muscle ups on rings and a bar, heavy wheighted dips and pull ups and so on, but im not able to do the holds like a front lever or planche. 

 

My goal is it to learn skills like front lever, planche, handstand and sometimes maybe maltese or iron cross, but also do bent arm stuff like one arm pullups, muscle ups, and wheighted stuff like dips.

So I found the Foundation Series. 

 

Now i want to know if I can do wheightet stuff (dips,pullups,squats..) with foundation one and will it help me to learn a one arm pull up. Because i really like working with wheights, but i also want to train more like a gymnast for skills on the floor and rings.

 

I already searched for answers but I didnt really found something that answered my question. 

 

Sorry for bad english.

 

Greez Emilio

Alex Chubb

You can do weighted training with F1 but your better bet would probably be to do F1 and then do legs with weights. If weighted pullups gave one arm chins, you would see a lot more of them. Gymnastic work is much more complex and while weights can help, that time could usually be spent better. Mainly doing more gymnastic work.

Joshua Slocum
Emilio Rodrigez said:

Hey,

I have a wheightlifting backround (2 years powerlifting/bodybuilding) and i have a decent strength/bodywheight ratio on lifts.

I bought me rings 2 months ago because i like bodywheight training. I can do false grip slow-muscle ups on rings and a bar, heavy wheighted dips and pull ups and so on, but im not able to do the holds like a front lever or planche. 

 

My goal is it to learn skills like front lever, planche, handstand and sometimes maybe maltese or iron cross, but also do bent arm stuff like one arm pullups, muscle ups, and wheighted stuff like dips.

So I found the Foundation Series. 

 

Now i want to know if I can do wheightet stuff (dips,pullups,squats..) with foundation one and will it help me to learn a one arm pull up. Because i really like working with wheights, but i also want to train more like a gymnast for skills on the floor and rings.

 

I already searched for answers but I didnt really found something that answered my question. 

 

Sorry for bad english.

 

Greez Emilio

 

Given your stated goals, Foundation is definitely for you. If you successfully complete all the Foundation courses, you will have learned a front lever and a straddle planche, and you will be in a good position to start looking at training more advanced moves like a cross and maltese. 

 

here is little to be gained from doing weighted dips and pullups in conjunction with Foundation work. Foundation will help you develop a ton of vertical push/pull strength. Supplemental work in that area is more likely to lead to over-use injuries than strength gains. 

 

Several forum members have been experimenting with combining weighted leg work with Foundation work, since Foundation does not work the legs much. They seem to be having some success, so you could probably find a way to work squats into the program. 

N00dl3

30 day money back guarantee, you will know well before the 30 days that F1 is an amazing program! You will be surprised at how comprehensive the program is and it will definitely set the foundation for your goals of maltse and iron cross among others!

Emilio Rodrigez

ok i decided to buy it! 

i have another small question, is foundation one for everyone the same? i mean will everyone do it for 18 months or how long it takes, or is it for everyone different how long the programm will take? and how long would it take for average person to go through all foundations? i think at least 3 years or?

Cory Fair

This is answered in the course text. If you can demonstrate mastery of an element and its paired mobility for all of the prescribed repetitions and sets; you may move on to the next element.