This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE3: Maintaining form while increasing volume

Started by Sven Ravnstag, March 11, 2013 · 2 Replies · 265 Views

Sven Ravnstag

After a humbling experience early on with RC/PE3, I decided to start from the very beginning with a focus on form.  For me this has entailed touching my pecs to the rings at the top of each set and keeping my body straight/flat as opposed to letting the lumbar area overarch.  

 

I've had great success with this so far, but today I began Week 3 of the 2 week cycle, which has a substantial increase in reps/set (From 5X3 to 3X6).  I faired ok with the higher reps until the last rep of the last set, where I wasn't quite able to get the pecs to the rings.  This got me thinking:  Is it acceptable/advisable to fall short of perfect when getting used to a new volume?

 

 If I get to the end of the cycle and am still falling short, obviously I'll repeat at least 4 weeks worth, but I'm wondering about what to do on the week to week when it isn't a matter of failure but of just falling a bit short at that end ROM.

 
Klaudius Petrulis

Failure will happen. What I do is take a quick breather, and finish the set. Others may advise differently.

IcedDante

I'm no expert, but I don't think it's productive to go back to the first week of the cycle. Maybe it would be more advisable to go back to the week where you had perfect form and keep working up from there.