This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warming Up on F1 Days

Started by Somalie, March 11, 2013 · 2 Replies · 365 Views

Somalie

Hey guys,

I own both the F1 and HS Course and wanted to know if I should/ could utilize the wrist work in HS for warm up on F1 Days

Warm Up

Jump Rope

Ido Scap Routine

WP,FKP,WR,FTP

__________________

Mon, Thur F1 Routine

FL, sPL, SL, MN, SLS, HBP, RC

I am going to be following the 2 Day Integrated Schedule.

Thanks All

Keilani Gutierrez

I was doing this 

 

Joint circles(10 in each direction) targetting wrists, elbows, shoulders, neck, hips, knees, ankles.

 

wrist warm up(1x5 each and all on the knees) wrist, dorsal, fingertip and first knuckle pushups. 

Ido's Scapular Mobilization routine

Ido's squat Clinic

 

then begin WOD. 

 

now im doing 

 

Joint Circles(same joints)

as an added bonus, i'd do 10 reps of each PE>iM for 10 reps before the days workout(if on HBP days, ill do HBP mobility. if it's a SL day, i'll do SL>iM. for 10 reps)

 

H1 wrist prep
Ido's scapular mobilization routine 

 

begin WOD. 

 

 

I sometimes warm up doing my Gong Fu Kuens. I'm gonna be substituting that for a Qi Gong form and then some meditation after the WOD is done. (lay on the floor supine for 5 minutes)

 

edit: it will also depend on your goals, since I do F1 as my main strength program, as a supplement to Kung fu, I am endurance/joint strength and strength oriented. 

rynski

Yeah you could do that. Focus on warming up with movements that you've mastered & that you feel comfortable with. This shouldn't be a time to stress the body & compromise strength for your WOD. Just keep it light & make sure you get full ROM with your movements. 

 

In addition to some of the wrist work, if you're doing F1 then look at doing some of the PE exercises you've mastered to warm up the shoulders & legs also. All in all, this shouldn't take any longer than 10 - 15 minutes.

 

I like the the 15/ 9 rep scheme that Coach suggests, it covers enough volume but keeps the duration short. This is detailed further in the warm up section of F1.