This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dorsal Pushups?

Started by SleepyHead, March 10, 2013 · 5 Replies · 419 Views

SleepyHead

I've been doing them for a while, but I noticed that in Handstand One it looks like they've been replaced by Wrist Stretch Four. Can I just substitute dorsal pushups for WS4, or do they provide separate benefits?

Klaudius Petrulis

I wouldn't substitute anything.  If you want, you can train dorsal pushups before the HS/PE

Keilani Gutierrez

i've done and still do dorsal pushups. actually, i included it in ny wrist pre's following the same mastery template.

Coach Sommer

- Do not substitute dorsal pushups for the wrist stretch.

 

- If you wish you may add dorsal pushups as a supplemental exercise; after all of your other wrist prep is already completed.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Keilani Gutierrez

coach, since im particularly tight in this position(my hands get around 7-10 degrees past 90 degree) is there a way you loosen up your athletes in this area to get them prepared for stretching?

Coach Sommer

- The wrist stretches that you have already been exposed to are what I use with my athletes.

 

- Be patient.  These remedies take time.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer