This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 for Women

Started by jer505, March 10, 2013 · 7 Replies · 417 Views

jer505

Are all elements of the Foundation Gymnastic Strength Training™ appropriate for women?  I'm thinking about recruting my wife into the program - she isn't a gymnastics lover (yet), but I think she would be able to start from the beginning and work her way through the program.  I can't see her doing a handstand some day, but I can see her becoming more fit and strong as a result of the program.

Mats Trane

Do it! I recruted my wife  :) . She is 44 years old and has no prior experience to gymnastics training. Actually she has not exercised (except for walking the dog 3 times a day) since we got our first kid and thats 19 years ago.

She is going into her fourth week and is realy happy about it as she can do all the stuff at home which saves alot of time. Of course she started right from the beginning. So go ahead give it a try. Go through with her how all the exercises work so she feels safe and confident.

Good Luck!

 

Forgot to say that she does the 3 day program. M/W/F

Nic Branson

They are completely appropriate we have some very accomplished women using F1 and H1. Desi just returned to compete in a gymnastics event at 33 and Carmen is working on a manna. The methods Coach is bringing to everyone have such potential.

MvdB

My girlfriend is also accompanying me on this journey. She started at the very beginning, except for RC/PE2. Other stuff will take her some time to get used to, especially some of the mobility exercises. And she has very weak shoulders, so she's slowly building up ROM in the pushup exercises. But she's really enjoying it, and the fact the she can do it at home.

Klaudius Petrulis

If only I could be lucky enough to find a gal willing to work out, never mind gymnastics, I'd be a happy guy.

 

But yeah, I don't see why a woman wouldn't be able to do this program.

Cole Dano

Very often in my Foundations based classes, women outnumber men. It's completely appropriate for women, and they enjoy it, just like men.

jer505
Mats Trane said:

Do it! I recruted my wife  :) . She is 44 years old and has no prior experience to gymnastics training. Actually she has not exercised (except for walking the dog 3 times a day) since we got our first kid and thats 19 years ago.

She is going into her fourth week and is realy happy about it as she can do all the stuff at home which saves alot of time. Of course she started right from the beginning. So go ahead give it a try. Go through with her how all the exercises work so she feels safe and confident.

Good Luck!

 

Forgot to say that she does the 3 day program. M/W/F

Well, we did our first day today and she survived.  A few mobility issues ( :) ) I decided to put her on the three day program also (Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday) because it fit her schedule better.  I hope she likes it - it really isn't fair; she's built like a gymnast (4'11", petite) but doesn't feel the love yet.  I already have her in a leotard (in my mind only) and I might be balance beam shopping for Christmas this year. B)   Thanks very much for the encouragement!

Riku Calderón

My wife competes in thai boxing and she is doing F1 and H1 with me.