60 secound Straight-arm frogstand accomplished.

Started by sasquatch, January 8, 2009 · 8 Replies · 4,130 Views

sasquatch

Now how do I progress?

I've worked my way up to a 60 secound hold with hips at shoulder level, But I still can't hold the tuck planche level with my shoulders.

I've tried to do a straight-arm frogstand while lifting my knees off my elbows, but I can't even do that. :cry:

What should I do?

David Picó García

You can try the tuck planche simply thinking of not touching the ground with your feet. At first you'll find that you can't almost do that, but after some training you'll find your can put your feet parallel to the ground (as if your body draws a Z 10 cms over the floor) and your hips at shoulder level. At first this may be easier on parallettes as it will give you more room for your feet.

Blairbob

Train the straight arm frogstand and place your knees on the triceps or the inside of the elbow.

Use a block or yoga ball to spot yourself up.

sasquatch

I can do a tuck with my feet off the ground pretty good, but I can't get my hips level with my shoulders.

Wich way is the hardest to do a frogstand? The way i've been doing it is by putting my knees right on top my elbows.

I also tried it with my knees on my triceps, but I wasn't sure wich on was harder.

I just found out today that I can do it with my hands turned backwards, is tha better?

Blairbob

Hand placement is pretty optional. An undergrip ( fingers facing you ) is good training for doing it on rings.

It is harder to place your knees on the inside of your elbows than on top of your tricep.

Whether to keep playing with the straight arm frogstand or move to the low tuck planche. I just dunno. I would do the latter and work on getting it higher and tucking more tightly to get that elevation.

sasquatch
Blairbob said:
Hand placement is pretty optional. An undergrip ( fingers facing you ) is good training for doing it on rings.

It is harder to place your knees on the inside of your elbows than on top of your tricep.

Whether to keep playing with the straight arm frogstand or move to the low tuck planche. I just dunno. I would do the latter and work on getting it higher and tucking more tightly to get that elevation.

Alright, so I should just start training the low tuck-planche and eveuntually I can go higher, huh?
Blairbob

You could. Or you could do the straight arm knees on triceps frogstand which is in the program.

Wow, I sound like Rippetoe regarding SS. Cool.

David Picó García

You can do both, and try the tuck version but holding the legs inside the arm (touching them), this give a little bit of support.

You can also try at the frogstand with straight arms, to raise one leg an inch (so you are only suporting on one elbow or triceps and switch after a few seconds to the other leg, and rest the one was raised).

sasquatch

Alright, thanks for the suggestions, I'll try all of them! :mrgreen: