Foundation one.

Started by Tavis G, March 7, 2013 · 13 Replies · 4,619 Views

Tavis G

Is foundation one coming to the same format as handstand one? I am wanting to buy it so bad but i have heard of people who have trouble opening it.

Cory Fair

We are switching to the Handstand One format quite soon. We will also be doing a number of updates to the interface of the web delivery.

Tavis G
Cory Fair said:

We are switching to the Handstand One format quite soon. We will also be doing a number of updates to the interface of the web delivery.

 

Thank you? :D

Interface of web delivery? Is that like along with iOS devices and desktop you are also going to put in PDF format?

Cory Fair
Tavis G said:

Thank you? :D

Interface of web delivery? Is that like along with iOS devices and desktop you are also going to put in PDF format?

 

It's an online, webpage-like version rather than offline.

Tavis G
Cory Fair said:

It's an online, webpage-like version rather than offline.

That'll work for me. :)

crashnburn

I believe ePubs are offline. 

 

Does this mean that we will not be able to open it on iPad/ iPhones where we may be offline (not connected to the internet?) 

 

That would mess things up because the reason I got into BtGB was that I used to have to travel to Odd locations with no gym etc and wanted to pursue BodyWeight workouts. 

 

I hope Offline versions are maintained for offline usage on Laptop/ iOS for people travelling to areas with little to no Internet access. 

Cory Fair said:

We are switching to the Handstand One format quite soon. We will also be doing a number of updates to the interface of the web delivery.

 

 

Cory Fair said:

It's an online, webpage-like version rather than offline.

 

stefanhinote
crashnburn said:

I believe ePubs are offline. 

 

Does this mean that we will not be able to open it on iPad/ iPhones where we may be offline (not connected to the internet?) 

 

That would mess things up because the reason I got into BtGB was that I used to have to travel to Odd locations with no gym etc and wanted to pursue BodyWeight workouts. 

 

I hope Offline versions are maintained for offline usage on Laptop/ iOS for people travelling to areas with little to no Internet access. 

F1 was originally released as an epub, but is now being released as online only--as is the rest of the Foundation series and HS1.

MvdB
crashnburn said:

I believe ePubs are offline. 

 

Does this mean that we will not be able to open it on iPad/ iPhones where we may be offline (not connected to the internet?) 

 

That would mess things up because the reason I got into BtGB was that I used to have to travel to Odd locations with no gym etc and wanted to pursue BodyWeight workouts. 

 

I hope Offline versions are maintained for offline usage on Laptop/ iOS for people travelling to areas with little to no Internet access. 

Just get familiar with the exercises and write down your workout schedule during your 'online time' (or use the upcoming schedule generator to do it for you), and you're good to go during your 'offline' time. People have been exercising since the dawn of humanity and they never needed 24/7 internet connection to do so. I really don't get why this is such an issue all of a sudden.

Samui

I don't believe either that it is so important to be able to see the format during training. It is very easy for people to practice the moves beforehand, write the schedule down and memorize necessary elements. 

SuperBru
crashnburn said:

I believe ePubs are offline. 

 

Does this mean that we will not be able to open it on iPad/ iPhones where we may be offline (not connected to the internet?) 

 

That would mess things up because the reason I got into BtGB was that I used to have to travel to Odd locations with no gym etc and wanted to pursue BodyWeight workouts. 

 

I hope Offline versions are maintained for offline usage on Laptop/ iOS for people travelling to areas with little to no Internet access. 

It's not that big of a problem. Just print your 12 week cycle and your good to go. Too easy.

MvdB

Crashnburn, Foundation 1 has been available for well over a month now. Even when the iOS version was still available you did not purchase it. You could have owned an ePub copy for off-line use, and you could have started working through the course and have finished your first microcycle by now.

 

Have you been working out at all since F1 was released? I think I know the answer to that question.

 

If you really want to do Gymnastic Strength Training™, the course format is irrelevant.

Cole Dano

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm sure every consumer knows that there is no one perfect medium. Every company has to find their way to deal with this, and serve their customers as best as possible with the resources they have to do that.

 

We're sorry that not everyone is happy, but thankfully we've delivered a product that the majority are highly satisfied with.

 

As much as I wish we could deliver the GB Courses in every imaginable format, we quickly found it just wasn't practical. However what we have come up with is, I think , for most GB trainees a better solution. Yes it does mean you have to have internet, but that's pretty much it. The other solutions, were more difficult to navigate and there were numerous technical issues. Updating would be difficult, now it's instantaneous.

 

In the background we are discussing ways to help you all have what you need when you are in the gym. Cory's most of the way done with online generator, and we have some other ideas too that are investigating.

Cory Fair

If I were to list all the reasons for this change, I would likely break the forum for length a single post. At this point, we are not going to discuss the issue further. I have stated numerous times that I am investigating and working on solutions for those who have genuine need for some sort of offline reference.  Development of any sort is not an instant process, especially when you have a large number of projects.

Coach Sommer

While I appreciate and certainly sympathize with those who are unhappy with the switch to the online version, at the end of the day the change was made because I personally prefer this format.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer