Day 1 of Foundation one... Seriously good publication!

Started by N00dl3, March 6, 2013 · 3 Replies · 3,475 Views

N00dl3

Hi all,

 

I have gone through 'phases' of seeking fitness. There were the vertical jump phases when I played basketball. That went with the Marine Corps and with the MC came crossfit. After getting out I decided this was my chance to 'get big' as I could dictate my training more. Did this for the last 2 years, but all the while seeing gymnasts, dancers, capoeiraists, ect do these amazing things and show a ridiculous amount of control of their bodies. Then I stumbled upon GB.com and the Foundation 1 course. After a small debate with myself I thought sure I will give it a try, even though I have been disappointed by e books before. WOW was I shocked and thoroughly impressed by the comprehensiveness, breakdown and scalability of the program. Coming from a ‘fit’ background but without gymnastic ability and nearly 27 years old now, it is exactly what an adult like me needs to begin a journey in performing the feats that have impressed me and led me to the purchase. Only did the first day today but it was exactly what I expected. Thought I would come near mastery of some but sadly the barbell feats do not pass to the floor/rings! However, the scheme for progression is so clear and confidence building that I feel energized to continue! The mobilization exercises are great and it’s awesome that they scale with the strength exercises.

Sorry for rambling guys but I just had to give a shout out because I am so pleased!

 

Good luck to everyone’s training,

 

Matt

Joshua Naterman

Glad you are happy!

 

If you like F1 that much (which you should), you might need a change of underwear for H1.

 

Daniel Burnham got his today, after we had talked about it, and he was completely blown away. I think that this is going to be a very, very common experience.

stefanhinote
Joshua Naterman said:

Glad you are happy!

 

If you like F1 that much (which you should), you might need a change of underwear for H1.

 

Daniel Burnham got his today, after we had talked about it, and he was completely blown away. I think that this is going to be a very, very common experience.

F1 and H1 is definitely a potent mix.

 

Upon doing my first H1 session I was able to perform a pretty solid 20s HS, and prior to that session I was always lucky if I could balance for 5-10s. Mind you I've been working HS for a while now, but just one session has worked wonders for opening my shoulders up, and straightening out body alignment.

 

For anyone oddly sitting on the fence about getting H1--get it now!!!! :P

Stephen Greer

I agree about F1. Just started F1 today and I've been trying to follow the GB format for a few years now. Got a solid straddle back lever, front lever, and near straddle planche, so I thought that I would do well in F1.

 

I can officially say that I've been humbled. PE1 was difficulty, and I did not think that I would have as many mobility issues as I did. Makes me even more excited to start! :D

 

And now I'll need to start saving for H1! Does anyone know if there will be a "buy the series" option for Handstand?