help with downloading foundation one please help!

Started by Erin, March 6, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,777 Views

Erin

Ok, so I purchased the foundation one series, downloaded firefox and epub reader and all that, when I went to the email and clicked download my purchase, it downloaded but then epub reader asked what I wanted to use to open it and now I'm stuck. Can anyone give me detailed download instructions from here? Please and thank you! :)

Cory Fair

Open Firefox and then press control-O (windows) or command-O (mac) and choose the course from wherever you saved it. 

 

If you wish to be able to double-click the file and have it open correctly, you will need to follow directions on the appropriate website below:

 

Mac: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/42539/how-to-change-the-default-application-for-a-file-type-in-mac-os-x/ (change recommended applications to "all" in the dialogue box)

Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

Erin

Ok, thank you for replying, but here's the problem I'm having now. I got the email with the download for the product but unfortunately I was unable to open the email with firefox because firefox keeps telling me that "firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete". I was able to open it in internet explorer but then a window popped up that asked me what I wanted to use to open the file and epub reader was not one of the options. Is this all because firefox is not going to my email? I've cleared cookies and cache from google, as the internet suggested, and it didn't work. I've got no idea where to go from here. Please, any ideas?

Klaudius Petrulis

Ah, you need to save the file to your computer when you download it.  Do not use the 'open' feature.  Then when you find the location of where the file is you can right click and find 'open with' - then select firefox and voila!

FredInChina

Drag & drop the file in firefox - sorted! :)