I am thinking about using them in my side split strength training.
What do you guys think?
Started by kombatmaster7, January 7, 2009 · 4 Replies · 3,969 Views
I am thinking about using them in my side split strength training.
What do you guys think?
With the girls, we do a lot of split jumps, either front or middle with therabands. Generally, we only had one strength level of theraband ( baige/tan ) versus all the different levels of theraband.
Thanks for the reply Blairbob, I have a few more Q's tho.
The elastic bands I want to use are in this video:
I have the exact same elastic band he uses, but I got that from a friend.
I'll be doing the almost same exercise as this guy for one of my two exercises (side splits strength).
Do you guys believe that using elastic bands will be effictive for my side split strength training?
Btw, Do you guys know any places where I can buy some more?
My old boss found a bunch of theraband online on ebay. Perhaps at a medical supply or gymnastics supplier.
Thanks Blairbob.
I am now having second thoughts about thera bands because 1. price and 2. I have 2 machines at school that strengthen the inner thigh muscles and upper outer thigh muscles.
The 2 machines I will be using are:
For the inner thigh muscles:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51awoyUanhL.jpg
For the outer thigh muscles:
http://www.bodydesigner.net/equipos/gra ... h-673l.jpg
I like the machines because I can track how much weight I am using.
I don't like them because it trains you in the same range of motion all the time and for some reason I think that is bad.
I'm thinking of using coach sommer's Steady State Cycle and doing a 4 day a week training session (Monday, tuesday, thursday, friday). a 3x3 or 3x5 for each machine with a 45 second rest between sets.
Should I do one set on one machine, rest, then do 1 set on a different machine? or should I just finish all my sets on 1 machine and then move the other one?
I also don't know how much weight I should add after each SSC (increments of 5, 10, or 15?)
My main concern is that I am not doing this right, if so say so.
thanks
-kombat