Changing Exercises

Started by jwalker497, March 6, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,363 Views

jwalker497

So I have an upper body Ring Day where I do the basic movements.

Is it a good idea to create 2 Upper Body Days, Upper Ring A and Upper Ring B. The only difference between these workouts is I change the exercises a little or the order of movements, etc. For example when I dips, there are 3 variations I like, Weighted Regular Dips on Rings, Russian dips on bars, and weighted wide dips. Should I just focus on one or is it a good idea to rotate through a few different exercises - OR does it even matter? There are so many cool exercises, how do I know which is the best bang for my buck?

Klaudius Petrulis

I like variety too, but my schedule and my body can only take so much.  So in this case I would suggest to mix it up once in a while but to train one specific exercise in order to become extremely good at it. Then again I have no idea what your goals are!

 

If you want to just work out, sure you can have Mondays as Upper Ring A for somewhat serious training and Wednesdays as Upper Ring B, or whatever you need.

 

edit: Variety is the spice of life, but I'm limited to the equipment I have at home. This makes me lucky because otherwise there would be too much variety! It's like standing in the candy aisle at the store and trying to pick 1 out of the dozens... torture.

Blairbob

 If you have access to a set of bars, I see no reason ro do weighted ring dips.

jwalker497

I think weighted RIng Dips are harder than weighted Dips on Bars. I can do much more weight with weighted dips on bars than on rings.

Blairbob

yes, this is true but weighted ring dips are limited by other factors which beats the point of adding load.

 

to each their own