With WR, I can't seem to feel anything here. Am I missing something or are there some extra cues that I should take into consideration?
And with the fingertip walk I feel a stretch in the wrist of the hand that is flat. Is this correct?
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Klaudius Petrulis, March 6, 2013 · 16 Replies · 677 Views
With WR, I can't seem to feel anything here. Am I missing something or are there some extra cues that I should take into consideration?
And with the fingertip walk I feel a stretch in the wrist of the hand that is flat. Is this correct?
Thanks!
For wrist rock, I feel a slight stretch when I bend my wrist upwards. I don't really notice anything for the fingertip walk though. I kind of feel like the first movements for FTP, WR, and WP are there just to get used to the way the motion is done.
ewethestuff said:If you want to feel where it's targeting, try the last WR exercise carefully.
I have found that that trying a rep or two of a hard variation of a given exercise identifies places to concentrate with easier variations.
I will definitely give this a shot!
With the Wrist Rocks, you are unlikely to feel anything unless your wrists are quite inflexible with regards to deviation when doing the first wall version. You will most likely start to feel it once you move away from the wall and start putting more load onto the wrists.
As Joel said above, the easiest versions are probably to ensure you can get these motions right without load first. These could be quite damaging if one were to jump ahead. (c:
thanners said:These could be quite damaging if one were to jump ahead. (c:
Er - I'm not saying I was silly/impatient enough to do that, but one of my wrists is a little tender now... ![]()
(luckily on the mend while continuing with F1/H1)
Sorry to hear that; be well soon George ![]()
George said:Er - I'm not saying I was silly/impatient enough to do that, but one of my wrists is a little tender now...
(luckily on the mend while continuing with F1/H1)
a true scientist after my own heart
(I wonder if this will happen twice if i do it again
...)
doesn't work too well when it comes to electricity. ![]()
FredInChina said:Sorry to hear that; be well soon George
Feeling OK now, and didn't affect F7 + HS1 schedule at all this week.
Was lucky, as could have been worse. Will keep me on the straight and narrow with wrist exercises from now on.
Doh!
Good, good George.
I find it is a very fine line to dance on with the wrists. ![]()
Hey, my first post but been using this site for a year or more (inconsistently until this year). Just want to say I'm loving the wrist prep stuff in HS1.
Yeah I don't really feel anything on this movement, even with the last progression. All the other wrist exercises I'm on PE3. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right though, so is this usually an easier exercise for most people?
I feel similarly. I'm on SE3 for all the other wrist exercises, but wrist-rocks seem to be a whole lot easier, which makes me concerned that I'm doing them wrong.
Hari_Seldon said:I feel similarly. I'm on SE3 for all the other wrist exercises, but wrist-rocks seem to be a whole lot easier, which makes me concerned that I'm doing them wrong.
are you moving the wrist first before you bend your elbow? also, do you stay in protraction? I found that I could create a better feeling of work within the wrist rock if i left my shoulder static and what moved was my wrist first, then followed by the elbow bend and reverse the movement
KeilaniG said:are you moving the wrist first before you bend your elbow? also, do you stay in protraction? I found that I could create a better feeling of work within the wrist rock if i left my shoulder static and what moved was my wrist first, then followed by the elbow bend and reverse the movement
I'll check when I do them later today, but I'm pretty sure that's how I've been doing it.
Hari_Seldon said:I'll check when I do them later today, but I'm pretty sure that's how I've been doing it.
me too, i sometimes catch myself sagging down with my shoulder or my elbow will bend first., i guess its a discipline thing
My left (weaker hand) lateral wrist, between radius and thumb was seriously tender yesterday after doing wr1 5x5 with the greatest ROM I could manage. I had been doing something similar to keilaniG suggestions above for 2 weeks building up slowly. There seems to be a fine line between too easy and going too far. It's easy to forget that the tendons of these muscles are thin and have small attachments in the wrist and unlike the other 3 exercises there are really only 2 muscles involved in both radial and ulnar deviation.
KeilaniG said:me too, i sometimes catch myself sagging down with my shoulder or my elbow will bend first., i guess its a discipline thing
Yeah the way I've been doing it is shoulders protracted and moving the wrist before the elbow. So that's not an issue. I probably just have more strength there than in the other exercises.
Hari_Seldon said:Yeah the way I've been doing it is shoulders protracted and moving the wrist before the elbow. So that's not an issue. I probably just have more strength there than in the other exercises.
guess so, you can test out your strength by grabbing a stick by is tip and seeing how slow you can make an arch with it