First post!
I haven't had anyone critique me about this yet as I don't know any one else interested in this stuff, so let me have it.
Started by Frizbledom, March 5, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,536 Views
First post!
I haven't had anyone critique me about this yet as I don't know any one else interested in this stuff, so let me have it.
The alignment needs a bit of work, actually, but it is quite good. This hips start a little low, and then you corrected that but brought them too high. It looks like your knees are a little bent, too. So your knee and hip alignment, while good, need refinement.
Try to make your palms face the wall behind you as opposed to facing each other.
Zach's recommendation to squeeze your lats less is good. But be aware that this will make the exercise harder; you may want to try it in an advanced tuck first just to get comfortable with the different feeling before attempting it in a straddle or layout.
Thanks for the feedback, This was the first time I've been able to do the back lever to this level and was coming off a portion of strength training that seems to have worked, so I expected the form to be off a bit. I have realised for a while that I'm squeezing my lats too hard and I'm weaning myself off of it on less difficult variations and I'm recording myself to get my positioning better. Also I am 6'4 so any lever move still feels very 'gangly'
.
Hari_Seldon said:you may want to try it in an advanced tuck first just to get comfortable with the different feeling before attempting it in a straddle or layout.
I was just about to suggest this! ![]()