no internet. #sigh did foundation one but can't do H1 cause the internet on the entire island blacked out. great >_>
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
day 1 of Handstand One
Started by Keilani Gutierrez, March 5, 2013 · 18 Replies · 680 Views
If you had studied the exercises ahead of time, you could have gone off of memory.
My dog ate my homework ![]()
![]()
Daniel Shields said:If you had studied the exercises ahead of time, you could have gone off of memory.
Don't know where that is coming from, and completely wrong imo. I have a well above average memory, especially visual memory, and I'm finding myself studying each exercise closely before working on it during each workout, even the ones I already did a few times. I want to check the form, observe details, and generally have the good form in my mind when doing my own work.
I couldn't have possibly work out without access to the course, even after spending a good time studying before hand. I guess I just don't understand the value of making this type of reply...
I'm certainly not saying that continually revisiting the material isn't wise, or even necessary for mastering form. However, it rings a little hollow that you can't commit enough of a facsimile of the ideal form to memory to get your workout done without having to have the video present at hand. The intent of my comment was merely to point out the moral of the story in the hope that such conundrums can be avoided in the future.
Everyone is different and it depends how long they have been training the exercises. For me, 5-6 relatively new exercises, I just can't remember the good form on them IF I don't make a specific effort to. Sure, if I know I will be without the course, I'll make a conscious effort to remember what I have to do.
If it's all normal however, and upon working out I find that I have no course access, then I'd switch to another type of workout because I just wouldn't be able to do the H1 course.
I don't see how that rings hollow.
This is the type of mentality I was hoping to gently discourage. Technology is great, but I think that it is unwise to lean on it to the point you lose the ability to rely on your mind. Even if it is practical to have the computer near your workout area for reference while working out, I don't think that is a compelling excuse not to study in preparation.
Well, then we'll have to agree to disagree on that one :-)
Had the same problem. Was all set to do H1 after F1 last night and then website stalled on my ipad. Logged me out and I didnt have the password on me. Goodbye first h1 session. Better luck next time I guess.
BTW I am still constantly checking details in the videos of F1 every time I work out. Checking ahead of time is all well and good but there is nothing like having something to instantly model when doing a workout.
Microsoft word for notes + printer = my best friends
Wish it was downloadable instead. It would be a lot more convenient to have access to. Nonetheless it is an amazing course.
well that escalated quickly. I completely agree with your statements, Daniel. 100%, I just thought it was interesting that what didnt happen when Foundation One went live happened to Handstand One when it was agreed to convert to an online course.
I just had a small nuisance with it being online, but that isnt anyone elses fault besides those who tried prostituting the course on other mediums.
next time, i will take notes and facilitate myself the material necesary to do my workout without the course. thank you for pointing that out
There were many many issues involved with the decision to go to an online structure: it can't be attributed to a single reason.
That said, while I'm in the camp that one should rely on the brain rather than technology, I am working hard on a solution that addresses the problems of an online-only course. It's a bit of complexity and creativity to do, so it's going to take another week or two of patience. We listen to your concerns, but these things take time.
Cory Fair said:There were many many issues involved with the decision to go to an online structure: it can't be attributed to a single reason.
That said, while I'm in the camp that one should rely on the brain rather than technology, I am working hard on a solution that addresses the problems of an online-only course. It's a bit of complexity and creativity to do, so it's going to take another week or two of patience. We listen to your concerns, but these things take time.
I'm not hating, I was just...frustrated on the lack of internet. if I were in your shoes, the highest strategic value for addressing the issues made known by Foundation One, I would have considered making it an online course too.
today is another day and the internet on my island is back. so today i can finish the office work I have and then do F1 + H1 before heading out to other appointments.
thanks again for all the work you guys have put in. it's seriously bitchen ![]()
-Keilani
I didn't feel any hate, I just post on items I know are on everyone's mind so no one feels left hanging on these things. ![]()
Decided to skip straight to week 5 of H1, Whilst pretty proficient at the wrist exercises I unfortunately forgot to do them. The PE1 was fairly tough but the mobility was absolute murder, found it was really targeting my weak ares. Since the workout I've been shaking like a leaf, which is making it tricky to type!
Bring on tomorrow!
Cory Fair said:I didn't feel any hate, I just post on items I know are on everyone's mind so no one feels left hanging on these things.
thanks, man. last thing I want is a funk between forum members over a misunderstanding ![]()
eddie70 said:Wish it was downloadable instead. It would be a lot more convenient to have access to. Nonetheless it is an amazing course.
Maybe but then again the workout scheduler will resolve that.
Super Saiyan said:Maybe but then again the workout scheduler will resolve that.
Yea that's true.