This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Doing F7+H1 or standard Foundation template + H1?

Started by Vannux, March 4, 2013 · 7 Replies · 525 Views

Vannux

Hi! I've seen that people are doing the F7 for like 3 days a week + H1 for 2-4 days a week and I was wondering, exactly why the integrated training schedule suggests F7 instead of standard F1 Schedule? Would it be fine to do the standard 3-5 day F1 template and just add H1 on separate days or even implementing them onto the F1 day? If so would it be most beneficial to do H1 in the beginning or end of each work out?

Don't know if the question is a bit complicated. If so i will try to explain it better^^

joek

You can keep your F1 template and just insert H1 on free days. There is a note in the book that suggests exactly that (bottom of details page). Dont know about about doing both in the same day, I'm starting off with them at seperate days.

Nic Branson

Zach is even doing this with a newborn!

 

Seriously though a lot is dependant on your own ability to recover. Start light and add to it if you feel like you are recovering. H1 is skill work based you should not be killing yourself to get through any of it.

Mats Trane

I do my H1 in the morning before work and F1 at night. Works great.

Nic Branson

I train twice a day typically myself. I also have rope work added in the afternoon sessions. Thankfully this is my job so it's not all hours added on to a regular job.

Mats Trane
Nic Branson said:

I train twice a day typically myself. I also have rope work added in the afternoon sessions. Thankfully this is my job so it's not all hours added on to a regular job.

Haha, yea some days dont turn out they way I planed them. But getting in to a habit of getting up early in the morning before the rest of the family was great (hard in the beginning though). There have been times where I hade to spread out the training all through out the day. I actually got the idea (spreading the training throughout the day) after a seminar i Arizona. Dillon and Josh did this when they had alot of schoolwork. For me it has been all about making good habits and prioritize training. First step was to STOP watching tv.

Nic Branson

Ive had days of doing a set here and there between work around the house. It can be surprising effective as you tend to be more fresh and not fatigued. Great approach for skills work.

Samui

I am doing H1 as a "warm-up workout" 4 DAW for my F1(which I am also doing 4 DAW) workouts. H1 workout is currently relatively easy for me because I am struggling with integrated mobility work(supinated shoulder dislocations!). I see no problem with this approach especially when the H1 leaves me pretty fresh and is a great warm-up for the wrists alone.