This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to do between wrist exercises?

Started by Murray Truelove, March 4, 2013 · 3 Replies · 398 Views

Murray Truelove

The beginning wrist/finger exercises start like so:
WP: Wall Wrist Walk (3x1r)
FKP: Wall First Knuckle Walk (3x1r)
WR: Wall Wrist Walk (3x1r)
FTP: Wall Finger Tip Walk (3x1r)

In F1 each exercise is paired with a mobility drill but in H1 it seems only HS has a paired IM. So after one WP: Wall Wrist Walk would I:

a ) go straight into the next rep (would this be the same as writting 1x3r)?

b ) do FKP then WR then FTP before starting the second set?

c ) do the HS IM a 10s static seated shoulder flexion between each?

I'm doing a F7 / HS split so it would seem my HS training days would be very short (at least to begin with) with only 12 reps of wrist work and 3x12s HS:PE + 3x10s HS:IM work or am I missing something?

 

Thanks.

Adriano Augusto
mtruelove said:

(at least to begin with)

Exactly. 

 

B ) option is what I used and the official recommendation, gian sets, and a very short rest. Single sets with minimal rest in between its optimal and recommended too.

Keilani Gutierrez

I'm basically just doing 20 repetitions of opening and closing my hands repeatedly after getting use to the iM programming xD  

phrak

I do the wrist prep work as a giant set - when I get through all 4 exercises, I shake out my wrists, do some joint circles, and go right back into it. It works quite well, but requires you to be on the same step for all 4 exercises