Creating a Protein Blend

Started by Ian G Myers, March 4, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,239 Views

Ian G Myers

Im putting together a blend of proteins for non-workout consumption, mostly in class. I've heard that Matrix 5.0 is pretty good, but I want to buy in bulk along with whey from truenutrition just because its so cheap. Should I just go with milk protein or would it be better to try to emulate Syntrax with a milk/whey type blend?

Keilani Gutierrez

vegetable protein would be awesome. im  going to experiement with using this to see how my body reacts to it, since i want to discontinue using the poisoned and altered meat in my islands market. 

 

 

Vegetable Protein: Artichokes, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, green peas, green pepper, kale, lettuce, mushroom, mustard green, onions, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, turnip greens, watercress, yams, zucchini

Protein in Fruit: Apple, banana, cantaloupe, grape, grapefruit, honeydew melon, orange, papaya, peach, pear, pineapple, strawberry, tangerine, watermelon

Protein in Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, cashews, filberts, hemp seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts (black)

Patrick Smith

Ian, I use TrueNutrition as well. It's really good. 

 

You may consider creating a custom mix of some small percent whey concentrate and the remaining percent casien. This is a nice combination of short term absorption as well longer term absorption. I highly recommend it!

Joshua Naterman

Milk protein is 80% casein, if you were wondering, and 20% whey.

Ian G Myers

Yea I was thinking that just getting a bunch of that would be effective enough.

Thanks guys

Patrick Smith

No problem, Ian! 

 

Joshua Naterman said:

Milk protein is 80% casein, if you were wondering, and 20% whey.

 

Hmmm, sounds like I might just be getting that next time...