hi guys, i was just wondering about the warmup if you need to do the assigned iM with them.
if yes do i need to do corresponding 21/25/9, 21/15, 15/9 rep range to the assigned iM?
thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Leo Trinidad, March 3, 2013 · 8 Replies · 517 Views
hi guys, i was just wondering about the warmup if you need to do the assigned iM with them.
if yes do i need to do corresponding 21/25/9, 21/15, 15/9 rep range to the assigned iM?
thanks.
The warmup should use previously mastered movements that are of moderate intensity for you to complete. Don't overthink it, just get some blood flowing and get the body ready to perform the given motions for the day.
- Chris
got it, so no more integrated mobility with the mastered PE? am I right? =D
Well, the book doesn't specify it as being necessary. But, if the movement feels good, or if it was a previous weak component for you, then I would leave it in. The time investment is minimal for the potential upside.
- Chris
got that! thanks a lot Chris! =D
If it helps then it helps. As long as you're not wasting time wearing yourself out and taking away from your current plan, then extra IM work is a good thing.
Personally, I would never, ever take windmills, lateral squats, or Xiaopings out of your warmup. Ever. Times infinity.
thanks a lot guys! extra work wouldn't hurt! ![]()
I agree that Windmills and Xiaopings are a must! Enjoying of these movements seems to vary in direct proportion to the frequency with which you practice them.
When doing F7, I tend to use my discretion with warmup sets. Today, for example, I found that I left out leg and row warmups without even realizing it, probably because all of the other exercises already had me "warmed".