This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WP/PE1

Started by Sven Ravnstag, March 3, 2013 · 5 Replies · 450 Views

Sven Ravnstag

I find that in order to get the entire dorsum of my hand and wrist on the wall with this move, there is some bending of my elbows, or if I lean somewhat to the side making contact, in which case both dorsal surfaces can't make 100% contact at once (the proximal portion of the wrist tends to come up when I go to the middle or the other side).

 

I wonder if this is a acceptable, or if it indicates a lack of mobility I was unaware of (despite having done normal complete wrist pushups, albeit without the benefit or critique).

 
CJM1

I have exactly same problem you have.

 

Also i can do wrist pushup 5*5r.

 

Can you do wrist stretch two, having correct form like coach's student in picture?

 

I barely can do it because of same reason.

Sven Ravnstag

Interesting.  I can do WRS/2, but not with the ROM demonstrated.  For me it's a stretch to get in the starting position, and with movement backwards the intensity of the stretch increases quickly.  

 

This makes me think that I (and perhaps we) have been somehow cheating with our wrist pushups.  I definitely have been aware that I "give" a little at the elbows with the decent on full wrist pushups, as opposed to keeping the arms locked and going dorsal on the hands entirely before doing the pushup portion of the movement.  Perhaps my lack of mobility is only now apparent with these drills.

CJM1

I agree.

 

I aware i 've done cheating  when doing WP.

 

Thanks. 

Keilani Gutierrez

Hello...my name is Keilani and I cheat on my wrist pushups. #admittingisthefirststep

Coach Sommer
KeilaniG said:

Hello...my name is Keilani and I cheat on my wrist pushups. #admittingisthefirststep

 

:)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer