This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090106

Started by Coach Sommer, January 6, 2009 · 8 Replies · 4,048 Views

Coach Sommer

FwnbE7hHsEU

Perform:

3 sets of a general ring strength series (see the video above for an example series)

3 x 10

Finish the workout with 10

notes

The difficulty of the ring strength series can be increased. For example; 1-3 MU to L to press shoulderstand to 1-3 Bulgarian Dips to 1-3 L pull-ups to BL to FL.

Rest 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

gymrob

Where it says the difficulty of the ring strength series can be increased is that just a general example or is it that it can now be made harder than the last ring strength series in the previous WOD?

Thanks.

Blairbob

That's a just a general example. You can modify the difficulty as necessary.

Luke Leaman

Okay, I can't do anything on the rings, so I just messed with curls and flipping around and nothing really.

360s-

3*4-5 tucked and flat back

5 Wall Bridge Walk things

10 wall extension-cannot do these without a small amount of pain in left shoulder

Coach Sommer
I can't do anything on the rings

Actually, this is incorrect; it just takes a little creativity and a willingness to experiment.

You could probably do 1-3 dips then a negative muscle-up then 1-3 pull-ups then some variation of back lever and then some variation of front lever. Even if the dips and pull-ups were to prove too difficult, you would probably still be able to do the negative muscle-up and lever variations.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

matthew.percussion

Hey LukeLeaman,

When I first got my rings I couldn't do a single pull-up. At that point in time I didn't really care. I just liked playing around on them. Basically from messing around doing, among other things, a few push-ups, rows, skin the cats, and support holds I was able to gain a substantial amount of strength. Now it's obviously not the best way to train seeing as I didn't have any specific goals or any determined sets and reps.

I just greased the groove. Every time I walked by them in the basement I would do something on them(I'm in the basement a lot).

Hope this helps. Good luck on your training! :mrgreen:

Nobodystopsdblob

WOD

3 sets of a general ring strength series (click here for an example) Did a high pull up, low dip (working through the muscle up transition) L sit for 5sec, tuck front lever for 5 and tuck back lever for 5sec. Mostly stopped between different movements except last 2.

3 x 10 360 Pulls

tucked versions 5, 1&4, 2&3, 2.

Finish the workout with 10 Wall Extensions

* Muscle snatch - 70% x 3 x 3 135 135

* Clean + push jerk + hang clean + jerk - 60% x 3 sets 135 135 135

Blairbob

I need to remember to add wall extensions to our post workout stretching. One of our boys, who is quite strong ( yet still a goofball-off at times ) has horrible flexibility in his shoulders and it shows in a lot of tumbling and a bit in swinging.

So, 10 wall extensions would be a good number to use at the end of workouts, I gather?

Luke Leaman
Coach Sommer said:
I can't do anything on the rings

Actually, this is incorrect; it just takes a little creativity and a willingness to experiment.

You could probably do 1-3 dips then a negative muscle-up then 1-3 pull-ups then some variation of back lever and then some variation of front lever. Even if the dips and pull-ups were to prove too difficult, you would probably still be able to do the negative muscle-up and lever variations.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

:), Not going to let me puss out, are you? Thanks for the ideas Coach Sommer, I will try those! Unfortunately my left shoulder is jacked up and I cannot do dips right now. But I can do pullups and some of the other back movements and levers.

matthew.percussion said:
Hey LukeLeaman,

When I first got my rings I couldn't do a single pull-up. At that point in time I didn't really care. I just liked playing around on them. Basically from messing around doing, among other things, a few push-ups, rows, skin the cats, and support holds I was able to gain a substantial amount of strength. Now it's obviously not the best way to train seeing as I didn't have any specific goals or any determined sets and reps.

I just greased the groove. Every time I walked by them in the basement I would do something on them(I'm in the basement a lot).

Hope this helps. Good luck on your training! :mrgreen:

GTG, gotcha...a little Pavel action. Thanks for the words of encouragement and the ideas!