This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch up without a partner

Started by BrianGunter, March 2, 2013 · 11 Replies · 513 Views

BrianGunter

Hello everyone,

 

I like to start off by saying Coach Sommer, this site, and everyone involved has changed my life in a very profound way and I will be eternally grateful.

 

My question is how should arch up's be performed without a partner and without access to a gymnastics gym? Is there an equivalent substitute? 

 

 

Thank you in advance,

Brian G

 

 

thenail001

Hmmm a very trusty belt?

Micawberian

Parallel bars work very well. It is similar to Keilani's roman chair idea. It can be a little uncomfortable for your lower abdomen, but nothing that a towel or two wouldn't solve.

Keilani Gutierrez
Shakyamuni said:

Parallel bars work very well. It is similar to Keilani's roman chair idea. It can be a little uncomfortable for your lower abdomen, but nothing that a towel or two wouldn't solve.

I was doing them hanging out of the bed of my pickup with my brother holding my calves down. so funny the once or twice my neighbors passed by and honked at us. hahahahahah

Klaudius Petrulis
KeilaniG said:

I was doing them hanging out of the bed of my pickup with my brother holding my calves down. so funny the once or twice my neighbors passed by and honked at us. hahahahahah

I knew my parents should have made me a brother! The woes of being an only child..

phrak

I use a GHR machine at the gym

prinny

I slid a piano bench under a heavy table.  Chairs would work too I'd imagine just as long as something can hold your legs down.

stefanhinote

I lay on our table outside with resistance bands going around the table, and over my ankles.

Klaudius Petrulis

I'm going to try using my stall bars + an adjustable bench. Wish me luck..

FredInChina

Good luck :)

Please post pictures & comments, I am planning to do the same and would like to learn from your mistakes :)

spyro7800
Shakyamuni said:

Parallel bars work very well. It is similar to Keilani's roman chair idea. It can be a little uncomfortable for your lower abdomen, but nothing that a towel or two wouldn't solve.

 

I got to try these. That sounds actually really good.

 

I will also try bench next to stall bars. I think you can just hood your ankles into stall bars and it will work great.

 

Not sure how soon I will get there :) It will be difficult to perform(not master) Arch hold rocks.