This is my MAX hold. I am scaling back to get perfect form and to build up my tuck planche to 60 seconds to help me in the future. Is it good form? Is my protraction good? And I'd assume I would do 6X10 correct?
Started by Tavis G, March 2, 2013 · 11 Replies · 4,183 Views
This is my MAX hold. I am scaling back to get perfect form and to build up my tuck planche to 60 seconds to help me in the future. Is it good form? Is my protraction good? And I'd assume I would do 6X10 correct?
question, are you currently doing F1?
No.
This actually looks pretty good. I think you can still protract more though.
KeilaniG said:question, are you currently doing F1?
Umm... why would you ask him if he bought F1 without giving a critique or answering some of his questions? No offense intended.
That looks really good! Though you drop the hip and seem to loose protraction in the end (it's actually not that much), which is understandable since you're doing a max hold... But I remember somewhere reading that "hold stop when form does". So maybe you should only do as long holds as your form can manage being perfect? Can't say this for shure though, if you want to be shure, ask Joshua Naterman, Blairbob or someone more experienced on this forum.
I am striving for textbook form. And i am also recovering from a wrist sprain from basketball. Any way i cut my planche training back to 2x per week to ensure maximum muscle and CNS recovery. I am also doing this with FL and BL as well. All my workouts are spread 6 days apart. Say i did PL workout Sunday I would then do it again saturday. Likewise with the others. FL workout tuesday then monday. And same for BL. Yes i still believe i could protract and depress my shoulders more. I will work on that.
Why have you chosen not to follow the programming templates typically advised on the forums?
B1214N said:This actually looks pretty good. I think you can still protract more though.
Umm... why would you ask him if he bought F1 without giving a critique or answering some of his questions? No offense intended.
none taken
i'm only asking because it would have been the easies. way to answer the question given that im not qualified to give him the quality answer he deserves. i've notices that certain F1 elements have given me more strength in protraction/depression and wondered if he was following that programming to achieve the goal he has which is to do a full planche, as it is one of mine as well.
it IS an excellent hold, but the prehab movements strengthen those areas in which will help him later on. since he was stuck on adv tuck, strenghtening his back would be a good idea to be able to lift his legs behind him more.
Daniel Shields said:Why have you chosen not to follow the programming templates typically advised on the forums?
What do you mean?
And i know im just crazy, but it feels good to be doing something that is proper. All of my holds and positions are always wrong. Its just relieving i need to barely tweak it instead redoing it.
i'n my opinion you are loosing quality of movement around 21 second. hold the position until the technique is good. hold it more seconds with wrong technique lets your CNS to learn wrong pattern! you need 3 times your learning time to correct it
KeilaniG said:none taken
i'm only asking because it would have been the easies. way to answer the question given that im not qualified to give him the quality answer he deserves. i've notices that certain F1 elements have given me more strength in protraction/depression and wondered if he was following that programming to achieve the goal he has which is to do a full planche, as it is one of mine as well.
it IS an excellent hold, but the prehab movements strengthen those areas in which will help him later on. since he was stuck on adv tuck, strenghtening his back would be a good idea to be able to lift his legs behind him more.
Valid points! I initially thought your question was strange at first since F1 doesn't get into tuck planches yet.
B1214N said:Valid points! I initially thought your question was strange at first since F1 doesn't get into tuck planches yet.
yeah, you're right, something that has been blowing me away has been all the prehab work. im still on PE 1's and when I started dabbling in planche lean technique, I noticed I was super weak in that particular range of motion, what I was essentially doing before was more of a press lift and no lean, so when it came to starting to play around with a straighter back, the same thing that would happen to Tavis would happen to me, only with way less volume (somewhat passable technique for 4 seconds even though I could hold for 15) so that is why I asked if he was following F1, because im not qualified but F1 is and i wouldnt want to recommend somethig that could potentially hurt him.
also, I had a delay response because im on Mobile and was checking the forums before i left for work ![]()