This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Problems viewing videos with Firefox

Started by Philipp Hornung, March 2, 2013 · 9 Replies · 228 Views

Philipp Hornung

Hi!

 

I'm having trouble watching the videos with my Firefox browser (v. 19 on a Windows Netbook). Whereas, if using Iexplore (v. 8.0.6001) I can watch the videos (albeit not fluently), Firefox won't even show the inital picture, which is shown before you click on the "arrow" symbol on the video player. When I click on it, it says "Media not found". What shall I do?

 

Thanks in advance!

Nic Branson

I'll let Cory know. Apologies.

Philipp Hornung
Nic Branson said:

I'll let Cory know. Apologies.

I took some screen shots to clarify the problem, since I figured my description would be somewhat unintelligible without them. And while doing so, I found the problem. It was my "Addblock Plus" that somehow didn't allow the video to load. I deactivated it and now it works just fine. I hope I didn't cause a major disturbance.

post-1056-0-18801900-1362239101_thumb.jp

post-1056-0-29534900-1362239108_thumb.jp

Cannister

Alternatively,

 

I can watch the videos fine with Firefox 19.0 and shockwave flash 11.6.602.171 (not sure if this matters)

but videos will not play (although it appears that the load...) in google chrome 25.0.1364.97 m and Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602.

phrak

In a similar vein, my Firefox does not show controls by default (the video element should probably include a "showcontrols=1" option somewhere). I can play them by right clicking and hitting "play"

Cory Fair

I will look into this today. It's better to open a support ticket or email me directly on these things as threads quickly become buried.

phrak
Cory Fair said:

I will look into this today. It's better to open a support ticket or email me directly on these things as threads quickly become buried.

Sorry, but where do I do this? I didn't know it was a thing

Peters Brothers

Hi,

 

I've the same problem as "Cannister". I can't view the videos in Google Chrome. The videos will not play, but appear to be loading. I don't have "Addblock Plus". They work perfectly on my iPhone, just not on the Google Chrome browser on my Toshiba laptop. I've tried re-installing Chrome but, no luck.

 

Regards

Cory Fair
phrak said:

Sorry, but where do I do this? I didn't know it was a thing

 

I made it more obvious. Choose "support" from the main menu.

Klaudius Petrulis

I have a feeling like this link should be in red at the top of each forum

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/forum-45/announcement-4-please-read-first-if-you-have-a-foundation-one-issue/