This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question HS & i.Mobility

Started by Nacho training, March 2, 2013 · 16 Replies · 826 Views

Nacho training

I have trying this morning the Handstand One Drills. I can hold a freestanding handstand for a minute. However, the mobility drills, There are some drills that they show me how i was lacking in this field. What should I do? I can open my shoulders well during handstand, but i can't do drills like "HS/PE4--> im" correctly. Could I perform more advanced handstand version and less advanced mobility versions?

 

Adriano Augusto

Why would you want to do less mobility drills? They're golden!

 

All Foundation and HS series, as well as Coach statement, all very clear with one thing: you can't skip the process, and the process is very clear on that one.

 

So, if you can't do HS/PE4 properly, your open shoulders are not that open how you think they are.

Nacho training

I don't want to skip shoulder mobility! I love those drills. But the handstand drill that is paired with that mobility drill is too easy. I don't understand one thing. Handstand drills are progressive and the last drill is clearly more difficult than the first drill. However, the mobility drills the last drill is  easier than "Standing undergrip dislocate", for example. Is it necessary to master the mobility drill although the Handstand paired drill is too easy for you? If i can do the last HS drill of the progression and all the mobility drills except 2 or 3. Could I train the last HS paired with difficult mobility drills for me?

Adriano Augusto

For what I read about F1 and its mastery requirements, H1 is identical in this aspect: You've to mastery the mobility drill too in order to move forward with the program. 

 

For example, Hari_Seldon was struggled with a mobility exercise on F1 despite of the principal exercise was to easy for him (RC/PE1>Im Hari?), and he improved the mobility drill and then move forward. 

 

I don't know exactly the technical aspects on this way so you've to wait an official answer.

Coach Sommer

- Where you begin the HS progressions would depend upon the quality of your current HS.  Please post a video.

 

- Yes, you need to start the iM from the beginning.

 

- You almost certainly are unable to perform the last mobility drill correctly, but again video will tell.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

thenail001

Undergrip dislocates... like... I feel my arms don't do that!  Is the progression within the previous steps that I'm missing?  My wrists get wrapped all funny around the bar and going wider just doesn't help.

Nacho training
thenail001 said:

Undergrip dislocates... like... I feel my arms don't do that!  Is the progression within the previous steps that I'm missing?  My wrists get wrapped all funny around the bar and going wider just doesn't help.

Exactly!

Coach Sommer

- Nicely done on the HS work.  A very pleasant surprise.

 

- Continue with your normal HS training and add the H1 iM from the beginning and work your way thru the iM.

 

- Problems with the wrists in the undergrip dislocate simply means that your wrists are severely lacking in mobility.  For the time being restrict your ROM to what is comfortable until your wrists begin to loosen up.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nacho training

Thank you very much COACH! :)

thenail001

Thanks Coach.  Out of curiosity, can an all of your athletes do undergrip dislocates?  

Coach Sommer

Of course.  This is basic iM and not something particularly challenging.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane
thenail001 said:

Undergrip dislocates... like... I feel my arms don't do that!  Is the progression within the previous steps that I'm missing?  My wrists get wrapped all funny around the bar and going wider just doesn't help.

Dont worry, work on HS/PE2 iM and PE4 iM. They will make it better. Undergrip dislocates is a weak link of mine as well but the HS/PE2 and PE4 has helped alot.

Zach Daniel
Mats Trane said:

Dont worry, work on HS/PE2 and PE4. They will make it better. Undergrip dislocates is a weak link of mine as well but the HS/PE2 and PE4 has helped alot.

The iM attached to PE2 & PE4 or the PE's themselves helped?

phrak
Coach Sommer said:

- Where you begin the HS progressions would depend upon the quality of your current HS.  Please post a video.

 

- Yes, you need to start the iM from the beginning.

Coach, are you saying that the HS and iM tracks can be separated in H1?

Mats Trane
zbd124 said:

The iM attached to PE2 & PE4 or the PE's themselves helped?

Sorry should iM´s . Just made an edit of it.

Coach Sommer
phrak said:

Coach, are you saying that the HS and iM tracks can be separated in H1?

 

 

In the case of someone as advanced as Nacho Training; yes.  

 

In the vast majority of everyone else's case; NO.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer