What is causing this?

Started by Edgaron, March 2, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,025 Views

Edgaron

I've had an accident after which I seem to have gotten some sort of injury or something which has not went away even 7 months after. It's much better now in the range of movement that I regularly get into, but it doesn't seem to be improving any more.

 

The video explains the problem better than I could do it with words:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91jo3JRPhjw

 

Keep in mind that I'm rotating from the hip, not the ankle.

 

The right leg seems to be doing just fine, but trying to rotate the left one (in a straddled position only) makes it hurt somewhere inside the hip. I've only recently discovered how to purposefully cause the pain. It occurs when I try to stretch for side split.

 

Some sort of other pain (in front of hips - hip flexor pain probably) when trying to straighten out the back in a deep squat or pike position.

 

I was told to apply some sort of oil or whatever on that area. I'm really skeptical about trying that... How could it possibly even work?

 

Edgaron

Bump.

FredInChina

What did the Doc say? :)

Edgaron

I'm too illiterate to translate it into English, but she basically told me to apply some sort of anti inflamatory thing or whatever, I can't remember it at the moment.

 

It was just a general recommendation.