I'm confused as to how I should be ending the finger-tip pushups. It feels like I'd naturally end balanced solely on my middle finger (and maybe pointer too). This seems like a lot of weight for FTP/SE4.
Is this the correct way to end the motion?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by phrak, March 1, 2013 · 2 Replies · 331 Views
I'm confused as to how I should be ending the finger-tip pushups. It feels like I'd naturally end balanced solely on my middle finger (and maybe pointer too). This seems like a lot of weight for FTP/SE4.
Is this the correct way to end the motion?
first three fingers
if it's comfortable for you and you can reach, maybe your pinky xD
edit: my pinky is nowhere near the ground when i do this pushup
The only way I can make my index and ring finger touch the wall is if I let the first joint of my index finger bend backwards. It can be clearly seen that this is what all the athletes in the demonstration photos are doing also. In fact, they seem to bend the fingertips back for all three fingers, so that the pad of the fingers is flat on the ground.
And yet, the instructions say to keep the fingers straight. So, are we allowed some distal interphalangeal hyperextension or not?