This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090105

Started by Coach Sommer, January 5, 2009 · 3 Replies · 3,469 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090105.jpg

Complete four rounds:

30m sled or tire drag sprint

30-60 seconds of a jumping deck squat variation

40' of

Finish with Weighted Pike Stretch for two sets of 30 seconds each.

notes

If you have no access to a sled or tire; substitute steep hill sprints, weight vest sprints or partner pull sprints.

Choose the hardest jumping deck squat variation you can maintain for 30 seconds.

Add weight to the jumping deck squats if necessary.

Rest 60-90 seconds between exercises in the round.

Rest 3-5 minutes between rounds.

gymrob

Nice. This looks wicked.

With the senders, is it ideally best to perform them on a plyometric floor like in the video or is on a normal surface such as grass fine?

Thanks.

Coach Sommer

Grass would be my surface of choice. When I first began gymnastics, all of our tumbling was done on wrestling mats; as a result my legs were incredibly strong.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

gymrob

That's handy grass is everywhere :) ! I have had a similar experience. I occassionally do tumbling on grass and on harder matting and it has had a positive effect. The only thing I notice and it makes sense is that the punching sensation in a lot of the moves when on harder surface as opposed to plyometric flooring is very different. You feel like you can fly in comparison to grass!