Does H1 include press handstands?
Handstand One is Live
Started by Cory Fair, March 1, 2013 · 168 Replies · 50,157 Views
mitko said:Does H1 include press handstands?
No, that is a whole process of itself.
So it has a single goal of a 2 min handstand?
mitko said:So it has a single goal of a 2 min handstand?
5 two-minute handstands in a row, separated by the mobility element.
Note that it is 6 years worth of programming; there's a lot in it. But presses are not.
It has been hinted (or seemed to me anyways) that H2 will contain press work.
Makes sense to have press handstands in h2. I mean what could possibly come next after essentially holding 10 min free standing handstand?
Hollow Back Press from Foundation work will help with press Handstand!
How often does the book say you are supposed to train this in a week in order for the program to work?
Don't wanna buy it if you have to work on it almost every day.
You decide how often to train (based on personal recovery abilities), course gives advice on planning training based on your own decision on training frequency.
piotro said:You decide how often to train (based on personal recovery abilities), course gives advice on planning training based on your own decision on training frequency.
But can you get a proper handstand with say 2-3 a week? I just know that this will be the long term max I can do.
i have practiced 2-4 times a week and depending on how my nutrition is, that is more than enough to make new times and new mobility bests weeklylobster8 said:But can you get a proper handstand with say 2-3 a week? I just know that this will be the long term max I can do.
4 times a week is doable, but for my current recovery, im better off doing it twice or thrice a week. mobility wise included
the wrist work will depend on your current wrist strength. 2 times a week for me is enough to make progress workout to workout
lobster: personally I do 3x 10-15mins per week.
How would you talk somebody into training handstands? Was trying to get my brother to pay half of it but he's that normal naive gym guy who doesn't see the point in gymnastic moves.
lobster8 said:How would you talk somebody into training handstands? Was trying to get my brother to pay half of it but he's that normal naive gym guy who doesn't see the point in gymnastic moves.
lobster8 said:How would you talk somebody into training handstands? Was trying to get my brother to pay half of it but he's that normal naive gym guy who doesn't see the point in gymnastic moves.
well....I get a
look from people when I tell them I don't lift anything heavier than 10lbs for overhead exercises and then I flex my Trapz. nothing impressive but still turns some heads if they take you seriously enough or are willing to experiment. it's now after 9 months of Foundation that people have been asking me what i've been doing.
I was searching for 3 yrs on training methodology that would make me as strong or stronger than Bruce Lee, now the physical body training has been taken care of with GST, now to fill in the other cracks.
to those who look, they will find.
just gotta identify what he's looking for and condense a message digestible enough for him to find it appealing because it's aligned with what he's looking for
Thanks guys. Got one more question, how much equipment is needed in the book? Ie bands, rings etc.
lobster8 said:Thanks guys. Got one more question, how much equipment is needed in the book? Ie bands, rings etc.
for H1, all you'll need is a yoga mat, some space, a wall, a stick to hang an ankle weight or weight disc in and that's about it
One thing I don't get, when am I supposed to do the SE's and at which volume? The whole schedule is just PE, PE, PE....
SE1 comes after PE12. Think of it as general prep narrowing down to specific.