I have a low back disorder (spondylolisthesis) so I should probably avoid most extension, especially hyperextension exercises (supermans, arch, cobra,etc) from what I've read. If you have reason and evidence contrary, let me know--I would love to balance the hollow work. I also need special attention to my tight hip flexors and weak (inactive) glutes. My active flexibility is pretty poor compared to my dynamic. I can swing my leg above head height to the front when warm, but can only lift my leg to about 80-90 degrees MAX.
Below is a work in progress, but the general outline is there. I'd like to limit an unnecessary exercises with the ultimate goal of getting this all done in less than 30 minutes (15 minute warm up with 15 post workout stretching). I do not perform all of the prehab/rehab exercises listed, they're just some weaknesses that need addressed somewhere. I know the old adage "less is more," but I tend to overthink things so feedback is welcome. I hope that this will help others as well.
WARM UP
Jump rope or DB swings ~2min
Mobility Drills
Bar swings (kip on bar)
Wrist circles (10)
Arm circles (10)
Shrugs (10)
Neck
- Yes (10)
No (10)
Shoulder to shoulder (10)
Trunk twists (10)
Trunk bends (10)
Hula (10)
Hammertime (10)
Cat-camel (10)
Hip Mobility
Leg swings
- Front (10)
Side (10)
Samson stretch (20-30sec)
Standing hip flexor stretch (20-30sec)
Hip flexor heel lift + hold (pike) (5-10)
Hip flexor circles + hold (straddle) (5-10)
Glute Activation
- Supine bridges (band) (8-12 x3 sec hold ea) or Cook hip lift (single leg bridge) (5-8 x3 sec hold ea)
Bird dog (8-12 x3 sec hold ea) or Fire hydrants (10-15 ea)
Kneeling squat (10)
Clam Shells (band) (8-12 x3 sec hold ea)
Wrists/Hands
Wrist leans
- Palms up (front, back, in, out x10)
Palms down (front, back, in, out x10)
Wrist pushups (10)
Fingertip pushups (10)
Shoulder dislocates (band) (10)
Extra band work?
Pre-Stength
Round 1:
PPPU (5)
Hollow hold (15-30sec)
Chin ups (5)
Side bridge (15-30sec)
Squat (10)
Round 2:
HeSPU (5)
Hollow hold (15-30sec)
Pull ups (5)
Side bridge (15-30sec)
Squat (10)
L-sit or Straddle L-sit (2 x5 sec)
- Work toward transitioning to press HS
HANDSTAND WORK
HS presses (3-6)
HS negatives (3-6)
HS (10-15)
PREHAB/REHAB
Planche leans
Planche DB/band press
SLDL
HeRLL
Weighted pike
Band pull thoughs
Ab wheel
FL pulls
Slow eccentric to hang
360 pulls
STATIC STETCHES
Cat>Arms back>Inverted pike/low back>Hamstrings>Pirifomis>IT band>Seated pike>Knee lunge> Knee lunge with bent rear leg>Front splits>Frog straddle>Side splits>Straddle>Pancake