Foundation 1 Accessability

Started by kokoro1, February 28, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,301 Views

kokoro1

Hey all! Just new to the GB community but I've been into the gymnastics and body weight training for some time. I bought the BTGB book and have read it cover to cover. I'm interested in getting the Foundation 1 course but I have a problem. I do not have a desktop computer; all I have is my iPad.

I have seen the warning about the Apple downloading process and how they recommend downloading first to the desktop and then syncing through iTunes, but that is obviously not an option for me.

Has anyone tried downloading the F1 course through iPad only?

Is there any other way to get the course?

Is there a hard-cover book?

Any other way to get the information?

Any help or information would be great!

Thanks! And I'm excited to be part of such a knowledgable group!

Joshua Slocum

There is no hard-cover copy. The multimedia nature of the course makes a paper version impractical.

 

I would recommend opening a support ticket to contact the administrators directly.  See instructions on opening a ticket here.

Cory Fair

The course can be downloaded directly to iPad, but it's a game in patience as Safari tends to hang when downloading large files. You may have to try it several times before it takes. Unfortunately, that's an Apple issue and not a GB one so we can't do much about it.

decoreco

The iOS version downloaded onto my iPad and my iPhone using Safari. The ebook is fully functional in iBooks and the videos all work. I have a iPad 3 and iPhone 4S running the latest iOS.

 

On my iPad, the ebook downloaded very quickly and on my first attempt using Safari. The iPhone did not download the ebook on my home connection. At work, my iPhone had no problems and downloaded on first attempt.

 

To make sure that the iDevice stays on during the download, set Auto Lock to Never and switch off Passcode Lock.

Nautique163

I had the same problem. What I did was downloaded the link on a borrowed computer then I sent it to google drive. Then from your I pad you can open it in iBooks from google drive. Plus it backs up your copy in the event your i pad is lost or stolen. Don't forget to erase it off the borrowed computer .