Sticking points.

Started by Tavis G, February 27, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,307 Views

Tavis G

I have a sticking point in my handstand pushups(freestanding). Anyone know anything that could help besides isos?

Joshua Slocum

I have no idea what a sticking point or isos are. Could you elaborate please? 

Tavis G

A sticking point is the point in a movement where you get stuck. Pistol Squats, for example, where do you find squats  the hardest? Bottom, Right below parrelel, Top? Isos A.K.A isometrics. Not like FSP holds. These are movements that you stop at your sticking point or at different spots int the movement to help you get stronger in that angle.

Joshua Slocum

Ah, I see. Where exactly is the point where you get stuck? 

stefanhinote

Since you haven't given much thought into this thread don't expect much of an answer.

 

I would do HeSPU against a wall with books, and progressively remove the books over time until full HeSPUs can be done.

Ian Legrow

Travis the last time u showed us ur freestanding he it needed a lot of work. So why are you even trying HSPU? I practice HS work every day and I can't even do them. Just start with the basics.