Hi guys, I havent posted in a while but I have an odd question. I was wondering about the effect of your diet on your growth. Is paleo the ideal diet for one looking to grow taller as well as perform maximally? Don't flame me, I need no convicing about it's effectiveness, I've been doing it for months to outrageous success. But anyway, I read somewhere the the Dutch are statistically the world's tallest people, and that their diet is extremely dairy rich. but dairy is generally no advised on paleo diet because of its unavailability to our ancestors. Sorry, this is like half question half random thought. Get back to me if you can, I'm interested in the responses of those more knowledgable them I... which is basically everyone XD.
Height and Diet
Started by Epimetheus, January 5, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,919 Views
I dont know much about what affects how tall you are. But I would guess 95% is genetics and the other 5% is mixed with lifestyle and luck. For example I am a hair under 6'1" and am by far the tallest person in my family, thats both mom and dads side. The only person close is my dads brother who is about the same height as me, but we seem to be freaks at the family reunions, all the way back to my great aunts and great grandparents. I am not sure how old you are but I believe men grow until they are 25 years, so if you want to get taller just wait it out. I only got above 5'6", or so, when I was in 10th grade and then BAM I was over 6'. 8) Not sure if my answer is what you are looking for but just stay healthy and you will grow until your body decides is done.
How old are you?
Many of the world's populations have shown increases in growth as they have started to eat more calories and protein ( look at Japan for instance where average height has increased ).
The Northmen ate a diet that subsisted on more meat than say the Roman's grain based diet, who's average height was significantly less.
The latest I've seen males grow any taller is 17-19 at the last of their hormonal spurt. Never heard of it past the age of 20.
A lot of it is just genetics though and the lottery you get. Most of my family is short, but my uncle is near 6 foot with another around 5'9 or 10 on my mom's side ( my mom is sub 5 feet and her mother and aunt are shorter with her sisters being around 5 foot to maybe taller ). My dad is 5 and a half feet tall, his dad being shorter, his mom being around 5 foot and his grandparents on either side never being over 5 and a half foot. Maybe I had too much soda and grain as a kid, but I ate lots of meat and I'm still short ( but glad I made it over 5 foot ).