Mn:
Sl:
Thank you for your feed back.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by e04, February 27, 2013 · 8 Replies · 412 Views
Mn:
Sl:
Thank you for your feed back.
with Mn/PE2, since I'm not there yet, I don't have much to say besides, the slightly not so important yet still enforced criteria for proper excecution. point the toes, my dude xD #highfive aside from that, the form will get smoother as the cycle goes on and as always, breathing properly produces proper form. inhale before you go up the first time, exhale on the compression, inhale on your way back to the floor. that's all I can really say because it's helped me on Mn/pe1
with SL/PE1, I can't see your legs but something that helped me was finding a reasonable balance point between my navel and my hip, so i could pick up my thighs clear off the ground, make sure to keep them neutral (knees/toes point straight to the floor not sideways) and SQUEEZE those glutes. it helps a LOT
keep it up!
edit: on the note of not seeing your feet, keep them together. Handstand style. feet pointed and such
Do not touch the floor with your fingers in the MN/PE2. Also, try to bring the legs and torso up at the same time. These two issues may be related: it looks like you're using your fingers for support to bring your legs up. It can take some time to learn how to keep balanced on your butt, but I feel that is an important part of the exercise.
Keep your legs together in the SL/PE1. You will find this to be a bit more difficult, but it is a better body position.
Hari_Seldon said:Do not touch the floor with your fingers in the MN/PE2. Also, try to bring the legs and torso up at the same time. These two issues may be related: it looks like you're using your fingers for support to bring your legs up. It can take some time to learn how to keep balanced on your butt, but I feel that is an important part of the exercise.
Keep your legs together in the SL/PE1. You will find this to be a bit more difficult, but it is a better body position.
interesting. -support- on fingers while doing Straddle up's aren't allowed but not touching the ground altogether? I thought this was part of the rep itself
KeilaniG said:interesting. -support- on fingers while doing Straddle up's aren't allowed but not touching the ground altogether? I thought this was part of the rep itself
I don't think there's anything wrong with tapping the ground at the top of the rep, but it's certainly not necessary. Since the OP has a problem with using the ground for support, I think it would be beneficial to try not to touch at all.
Looking good but the MN2 refinements mentioned should help. Plus the movement, if performed as correctly as possible, should become better with each rep.
I don't know how good your pike flexibility is, but you're pulling your legs into the straddle a bit early on the MN/PE2. I try to keep the straddle a little narrower (maybe around 60-70 degree leg separation) and focus on pulling the legs in towards the torso as compared to out to the side. It's almost like a pike/straddle stretch but rotated by 90 degrees.
thank you guys for the reply, here's a video with the adjustments I made.
I realized that I need to keep my center of gravity on the upper half of my butt to maintain balance.
Looking much better. Nice job.