This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstands during Deload week?

Started by Nautique163, February 27, 2013 · 6 Replies · 407 Views

Nautique163

I just started my first Deload week. Is it advised to reduce my handstand volume 50% ? I'm doing 10 minutes a day with minimum rest. I'm thinking that it is more of skill practice And i can keep it a 10 min. Just add in a little more rest time .

ausswe

H1. Will be out in a couple of days so I wouldn't worry just keep it as you are as Long as you are recovering fine and then buy H1 and watch yourself fly through to a 2 minute freestanding handstand ;)

Klaudius Petrulis

Personally the definition of a deload week is to deload everything. Others may have varying opinions.

stefanhinote

For me 10 min daily hs work isn't straining, so I wouldn't lessen it for my deload weeks.

just throwing my two cents in.

Joshua Slocum

The purpose of the deload week is to reduce the volume work enough that your body can effectively recover, but not so much that you begin to lose strength or skills. 

 

I would say that if your handstand work is strenuous enough that it makes you feel sore afterwards, you should cut the volume. Otherwise, it's fine to leave in. 

Nautique163
Hari_Seldon said:

The purpose of the deload week is to reduce the volume work enough that your body can effectively recover, but not so much that you begin to lose strength or skills. 

 

I would say that if your handstand work is strenuous enough that it makes you feel sore afterwards, you should cut the volume. Otherwise, it's fine to leave in. 

Thank you that makes perfect sense.
Nautique163

Just got done reading H1 now I have my answer .