I have been suspiciously quiet lately so I thought I would share a little something; by way of a huge thank you to Coach Sommer and to you all as a community.
Three years ago (give or take) I purchased a set of rings off the back of a deep seated childhood fascination with gymnastics (frustratingly in this area of rural Scotland there was no facility when I was a child) combined with complete boredom with weight training.
I couldn't perform 3 pull-ups with good form, do a single dip, even hold myself in support, nor could I touch my toes, etc.
So I headed on over to google in an effort to educate myself and found this wonderful website (a story most of you no doubt share).
3 years later I am posting a video, none of this is the "best" I can do, not the most difficult skills and exercises I can perform, nor is it particularly mind-blowing but it is progress; proof of the strength and endurance GST can build in anyone. Particularly bear in mind that this is one set of 3 I use as a conditioning warm-up, after FSP and before my main workout and that it does not leave me particularly fatigued.
I started with some space and one set of rings, all the other equipment has been made, found, refurbished, saved up for or inherited.
I am now coaching the local Gymnastics Club and going through qualifications, doing a tiny bit to invest in the future of the sport.
So thank you Coach Sommer; I now have strength, flexibility and a path to increase them both, an awesome place to train and a great time teaching enthusiastic youngsters the joy of movement and mastering their bodies!
p.s. The Foundation Course is fantastic!
Here is the video: