Which version of F1 should I get?

Started by suprtank, February 26, 2013 · 11 Replies · 3,903 Views

suprtank

I am about to purchase the foundation series. I want to use it on an IPad and my iPhone but I have a windows based pc computer. I want to be able to store it on a flash drive to make sure I never lose it. Which do you experts recommend I purchase to accomplish all of this? I have iTunes on my pc.

Thanks for your help.

Cole Dano

2. You may request additional versions (not additional copies) at no charge for your other devices. Simply put in a support request after your purchase. You find the support request for in your Client Area.

suprtank

I'm not sure that this answers my question. What do you mean additional versions? Does this mean that I can get a version for my computer and my iPad/iPhone? 

Christian

Yes it does

Joshua Slocum
suprtank said:

I'm not sure that this answers my question. What do you mean additional versions? Does this mean that I can get a version for my computer and my iPad/iPhone? 

 

You can purchase one version, and then request another copy in a different format; the second copy will be provided to you free of charge. 

stefanhinote

The iOS version for the Ipad can be transferred via Itunes (whether windows or mac) to your Ipad.

 

The desktop version works on either windows or mac via epubreader addon for Firefox.

suprtank

So if I've got this straight. If I buy the version for ipad and download it to my PC, I can view it on both my iPad/ iPhone and my PC via epubreader for firefox?

Anders Alexandersson

No, the iPad/iPhone version only works on iPad/iPhone and the PC version only works on a PC. Don't worry about this technicality, just buy one and get the other for free: See Cole's reply.

suprtank

Ok, Thanks Guys! Looking forward to it!!

Patrick Smith

I have a Motorola Atrix smartphone and an epub reader app. Can I just download the book onto my phone and view it there or is there a special format that Cole needs to send me in order for me to view it on my phone?

Cory Fair
Patrick Smith said:

I have a Motorola Atrix smartphone and an epub reader app. Can I just download the book onto my phone and view it there or is there a special format that Cole needs to send me in order for me to view it on my phone?

 

With the exception of the Astribee (unstable), most Android epub readers do not comply to epub 3 standards for video. So officially, Android is currently not supported, but it's something under development. It'll be a bit longer since it's extra footwork due to those app developers dropping the ball.

Patrick Smith
Cory Fair said:

With the exception of the Astribee (unstable), most Android epub readers do not comply to epub 3 standards for video. So officially, Android is currently not supported, but it's something under development. It'll be a bit longer since it's extra footwork due to those app developers dropping the ball.

 

Yeah, that's what I expected. No problem!