Has anyone else been using Nutri-Timing? After using it for over a year, and I am very dissatisfied with the website system, the maintenance of the website, and communication channels. Since it is not a cheap service, I feel it is worth generating discussion about. Maybe someone from NutriTiming will happen to see it.
This will at least serve as a rant for me...
(sorry in advance?)
1. The Website System
I think the system could be improved in many ways. First of all, there is no way to set up weekly templates. I'm sick of setting of the exact same daily plan over and over again. It is a tremendous waste of time. Why isn't there a simple system of having saving templates on your profile? WHY NOT? Sure, you can save a meal template but really, is that very useful compared to having a template of an entire day? Not at all. If you compare the time it takes to input a meal compared to a whole freakin' day they are incomparable.
Secondly, the exercise chart. What? 1-7 scale compared to the METS scale? The METS scales (1, 2) are much easier to use and much more accurate. Not only that, the time registering per hour is counter common sense! All you have the ability to do on NT is set the intensity (1-7) and select a time that you spent at that intensity. If, say, you worked at intensity of level 3 for 30 minutes, there is no indication of what intensity the other 30 minutes were spent at, and there is no way to set it. The Total Daily Energy Expenditure of IfItFitsYourMacros.com is a much better system, even though it also fails to use the comprehensible METS system. You simply need a certain number minutes per day to assign a certain intensity level to. That's all! You should be able to group them easily and conveniently just as the IIFYM.com system does. I don't pay for IIFYM, but I pay $84 a year for NutriTiming.
I would kill just to be able to set up a weekly template.
2. The Website Maintenance and Problems
If you log onto NutriTiming, turn your computer to sleep, then wake it and go the page to change something you are automatically logged out of the system. This requires you to re-log in over and over again throughout this day. One or two log ins is menial, but after doing it almost every single time you want to change something or input something I've almost been driven mad. This is unacceptable when every other decent website keeps you logged in unless you log out. It's out of date and inexcusable.
Secondly, what is the point of having a list of days as the default Overview screen? Listen, there should be a year-calendar system. You should be able to view the input for a single day of the day by going to Year -> Month -> Day -> View Info. Simple, direct, aesthetically more pleasing, and ever so highly superior to the former system.
3. Communication Channels
All they have is a "Contact" button. Which, coincidentally, doesn't work. Hasn't for at least 6 months, although I vaguely recall it not working as far as a 9 months to a year back. This is unacceptable. It is the sole means of communication with website staff and if we don't have it, we don't have anything. I would at least have a back up means of communicating with the staff, but even that is completely unnecessary. WHY NOT HAVE A FORUM? A forum to discuss nutrition, the freakin' subject of the website. A forum to discuss using the site and exchange tips for staying focused and losing/gaining weight. It's only common sense. Yet, at the moment it is impossible to talk with anyone from NT.
All in all, for the price of $84 a year, NutriTiming fails miserably. The staff can't be contacted, there haven't been updates in months, there are no forums, and the system is inefficient, ineffective, and time consuming.
If anyone here is associated with NutriTiming and can bring these issues up to them it would be great.
Thoughts?
*** Edit:
I will say that I am pleased with its custom food function. It's a good tool.