This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2 days a week

Started by David Birchall, February 25, 2013 · 5 Replies · 506 Views

David Birchall

Yes!  I just got a really good job working for CapGemini's mobile app division.  So so so happy I got in but they are putting me up in a hotel for 12 weeks for training.  Because I need to pass the exams during the training to keep getting paid and keep the job I want to spend most of my time studying.

 

I want to do two days a week for the 12 weeks by doing Tuesday's workout on Monday straight after Monday's workout and Thursdays workout on Friday straight after Friday's workout so I would still be doing the same amount of volume as the 4 day a week schedule I am currently on.

 

I tried a workout with all seven exercises yesterday and it went well and I hit all my prescribed sets and reps with good form and don't feel sore today, pretty energetic actually (since using Josh's tip about the whey, salt and carbs and putting a bit of creatine & glutamine in the periworkout shake I haven't felt sore at all actually)

 

Would I be ok doing this just while I am away?  Or would it be too much CNS strain?

Nic Branson

At two days a week for a twelve week period you should be fine. Just keep an eye on your energy and recovery as the weeks go on as the school stress increases.

HarryBiggle

Good luck with the training dbirchall. I am also in a similar predicament with Uni work and other commitments but not as drastic as yours. Could you link the page with Josh's tip on nutrition?

u3er

How has the 2/week been going?  I may try this next cycle, so am curious to hear your opinion!

David Birchall

Josh's workout nutrition: 

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9580-perfect-workout-nutrition-2013/

 

I did another long workout today combining all seven elements into one workout.  My performance has not suffered at all however I am still having trouble with deck squats which I did at the end.  I have to do numerous attempts at getting up to the squat position and I couldn't be bothered to attempt it anymore after I did 3*3 because I just wanted to finish.

 

For me 2 workouts a week is not optimal because I get bored towards the end and I am less motivated.  It still works obviously but I would prefer 4* a week so I will do FL, sPL, RC, HBP during the day and MN, SL, SLS just before bed 2* a week and see how that goes.

 

I would prefer to split up sPL and HBP because I find they both compete for the endurance of my shoulders & chest.

 

I am just going to do it as much as possible like it is laid out in the book instead of changing it but I feel this would be more optimal in terms of my own feelings of fatigue during the workout:

 

MN, HBP, RC, SL

 

sPL, FL, SLS

 

However there may be a reason for the way the workouts are organised (such as the best integration of HS1) so I don't want to mess with it.

Coach Sommer

The weekly schedule you have outlined above is fine; although as you get farther into the MN progressions you may find it fatiguing to go from one support exercise directly to another support exercise.  At this point however that should not be an issue.

 

The important thing is that you are consistent; day in day out, week after week.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer