Hello
What in your opinion is the most optimal landing technique to use on hard surface? Now when I say optimal, i mean optimal for the joints (minimizing impact), not optimal from gymnastic standpoint.
I come from parkour/freerunning background and common rule here is "not more than 90 degrees knee angle" (with roll to dissipate remaining momentum). This is usable in some situations, but not in most (jumps for precision being the fine example). I've been thinking a lot about squat landings - landing on extended legs , than squating (properly) and touch hands to floor to dissipate kinetic energy. I've put this to a test and it felt very different from typical landing, more natural and smooth.
My knowledge in the field of biomechanics is limited and that is why i post this here. To get suggestions whether or not is this a good idea to develop. As i mentioned earlier, aestetic quality is not my goal here, function is.
I'll be very glad for every opinion
Thanks