http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2V-_6HptkY
Around 9 seconds seems to be the most straight. Any tips and advice are appreciated!
Started by tonio145, February 23, 2013 · 8 Replies · 1,945 Views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2V-_6HptkY
Around 9 seconds seems to be the most straight. Any tips and advice are appreciated!
You have a pretty big shoulder angle so the rest of your body is compensating for it.
any reason you are not looking at the floor?
Wow, that's amazing balance. I can never balance that well without looking at the floor.
yuri said:You have a pretty big shoulder angle so the rest of your body is compensating for it.
any reason you are not looking at the floor?
how can I fix this problem? I thought that having my head more in-between my arms would reduce the shoulder angle and make me more straight.
tonio145 said:how can I fix this problem? I thought that having my head more in-between my arms would reduce the shoulder angle and make me more straight.
A very common misconception. standard generic cue of "keep the head in" which actually does not fix the issue.
It takes 3 cues all performed simultaneously to make a straight handstand: shoulders open, ribs in(posterior pelvic tilt) and hips open. If one of these is off, at least one more has to be to compensate.
Work on your line drills, active and passive shoulder flexibility, hollow body work, etc. After you are proficient in those, you must remember what they feel like and apply it to your handstand.
yuri said:A very common misconception. standard generic cue of "keep the head in" which actually does not fix the issue.
It takes 3 cues all performed simultaneously to make a straight handstand: shoulders open, ribs in(posterior pelvic tilt) and hips open. If one of these is off, at least one more has to be to compensate.
Work on your line drills, active and passive shoulder flexibility, hollow body work, etc. After you are proficient in those, you must remember what they feel like and apply it to your handstand.
well for line drills I do handstands with my stomach facing the wall, and I do some hollow body work in F1, is there anything you recommend for shoulder flexibility?
A lot more than I can write in one post ![]()
It depends on your specific restrictions, everyone is different. It is important to do line work without being in a handstand though, so you can get a better feel for the position. This goes beyond standard hollow body work though that is a good start
yuri said:A lot more than I can write in one post
It depends on your specific restrictions, everyone is different. It is important to do line work without being in a handstand though, so you can get a better feel for the position. This goes beyond standard hollow body work though that is a good start
well thanks for everything. Hopefully H1 will answer all my questions and clear up confusion.
tonio145 said:well thanks for everything. Hopefully H1 will answer all my questions and clear up confusion.
it surely will. it blew me out of the water at how much prep work we have to do before we actually do get inverted on our hands o_o