Capitate Bone

Started by Nacho training, February 22, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,511 Views

Nacho training

Hello,

 

I feel pain on my right wrist during forward leans. My capitate bone does not mobilize correctly during extension movements. For example press handstand, planches, etc. on the floor. I would like you to tell me wich prehab drills could help me so as to repair his function and correct its mobility.

 

Thank you very much.

Joshua Naterman

How, and why, have you decided that this particular bone is responsible?

FredInChina

Good question :)

Nacho training

That was what my physioterapist said. When I lean forward with the hand a bit hyperextended I can see the carpal bones more out in that hand. He said that these bones should go down and in my right hand the bones go out. It's like they rub  with metacarpus or bettween carpal bones, and I feel pain in that area. What do you think?

Joshua Naterman

I think you need to find a hand specialist. That's a pretty specialized area of rehab, but if your physio thinks he knows what to do then you can try some of that.

 

I won't make suggestions for you, because I have no idea what is causing your issue. Others have had success with my suspended wrist roller, but you may have some funky stuff going on that requires specialized attention.

 

Again, I highly recommend you seek out a hand specialist. There will only be a few in each city. Atlanta only has 3.