elbow pain

Started by seiyafan, February 21, 2013 · 7 Replies · 2,830 Views

seiyafan

Whenever I do tricep extension I get this sharp pain in the elbows (right elbow is more severe) when my forearms are about parallel to the floor and the angle between the forearm and upper arm is close to 90 degrees. The pain only exists during the exercise and it's already pretty annoying at 1/3rd of my body weight, which prevents me from doing any MU work. Does anyone know if it's safe to continue? 

gravy

can an admin please make a sticky saying "Ask your doctor if you have any pain/injury/health related questions." ?

I would very much appreciate this.

Coach Sommer

It is not safe to continue.  Muscle up training is currently too demanding for you and should be stopped immediately.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

seiyafan

Thanks coach, actually I haven't started any serious MU training because from the pain doing tricep extension at only 1/3rd bodyweight. I don't feel any elbow pain whatsoever in any pulling exercises, RTO, ring dips, ring pushups PPP, Front/Back lever. The ONLY time I experience this kind of pain (feels like it's coming from the elbow socket area) is when my forearms are parallel to the floor and I am pressing down hard. I completely understand about a doctor's visit, but since you have trained thousands of athletes, and there are also other people here who have a lot more experience, I figure why not start a thread to get some insight.  :)

aiken54

Do they pop ever? A rule of thumb I have found that resolves many things is never to pop anything. 

seiyafan

Sorry about my English, pop means making a sound or falling out of the socket?

aiken54

Either

seiyafan

nope, actually my elbows got better, lately I focused on doing more tricep extension with lighter weight and slower motion and I think it really helped.