This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Equipment Substitution Question

Started by deanb, February 20, 2013 · 5 Replies · 323 Views

deanb

What can be used as a substitute for the equipment used in exercises like SL/PE3 and all the integrated mobility exercises in the sPL series (except the first one)? I have no vault or pommel horse.

Thanks,

Dean

Chris Edgar

I just hang off the end of my sofa.

 

I pile up sofa cushions near the end so I can lie across them, put a kettlebell in front of me to hold on to, and it works just fine!

 

Chris

deanb

That sounds good for the mobility stuff but what about curls like SL/PE3? How do you lock your feet or do you always need someone to hold them?

Coach Sommer

- You could use a back extension bench, a couch, a stool, a chair etc.  Whatever.  Just something that allows you to secure your ankles behind you and achieve full ROM.

 

- Long ago, I performed mine lying across a kitchen stool with a kitchen cabinet door open and my feet anchored under one of the shelves.

 

- Many of you are overthinking this.  Just find something, anything that is managable and get the work done!

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

deanb

Thanks Coach -- good advice. I'm just seeing where my starting point is with everything, but I'm so excited about this program. It is so helpful to have a detailed paint-by-numbers program to follow. Before this, I was starting to feel like I'd never achieve such gymnastic skills. Now, at 47, I cant wait to get going and surprise people with my progress. Thanks for creating this!

Coach Sommer

Thank you for the kind words and you are most welcome!

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer