Higher Pull-ups

Started by jwalker497, February 19, 2013 · 3 Replies · 11,677 Views

jwalker497

What are some of the best ways or exercises to get Higher Pullups.  I am desperate to get the Muscle Up, I have dreams about it and with my current level of strength, I shoold be able to do do it but I feel like I dont get high enough with my pullups.   So any ideas on ways to make my pullups higher?

jjk910

If you have the strength, why don't you just work on the technique progression for a muscle up if that is your goal? I can do what I think is a lot of pull ups per set (20+) easily, but I find muscle ups is more technique than brute strength...now mind you I am still a newbie to all this, what I have found is though you can push through some things with brute strength, technique allows you to perform the skill more efficiently not to mention prevent you from getting injured.

 

But if your goal is just more pull ups there are many ways, pyramids is one, there is an article called "the fighter pull up" ( http://www.kbnj.com/FighterPullupByPavel.htm ) this works pretty well but it is definitely pull up specific. Also just strengthening your back in general will allow you to do more pullups.

Keilani Gutierrez

using a false grip helps