This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handy Timer App

Started by mark, February 18, 2013 · 11 Replies · 339 Views

mark

With Foundation 1 I've noticed I often have several different hold times per workout.  I found a free timer app that will show 12 timers on the screen.  They're really easy to set and you just tap to start and stop.

 

I set timers for all my different reps with 3 seconds added to give me kind of a countdown.

 

It's called @Timer.

Klaudius Petrulis

Ah, awesome. I've just gotten used to counting, but time has a way of getting shorter or longer when you're doing serious work. I'll have to check this out.

spyro7800
mark said:

With Foundation 1 I've noticed I often have several different hold times per workout.  I found a free timer app that will show 12 timers on the screen.  They're really easy to set and you just tap to start and stop.

 

I set timers for all my different reps with 3 seconds added to give me kind of a countdown.

 

It's called @Timer.

android or ios? does it have voice notification?

mark

I think it's just ios.  It has various ending sounds when the timer is complete.  I use the whistle.

Christian

I use something called intervaltimer. Also free and works great.

Arto

.

FredInChina

I found that a metronome app worked best for me; I count every tick on the second :)

Cory Fair

I used to just count the seconds myself, however, since my workout partner claims I use "strength coach seconds" I switched to a plain old watch timer. :D

Nic Branson

I use a metronome app I found for free.

Cole Dano

Lol Cory, I used to count out loud too, but I had yoga teacher seconds. Don't know what is worse.

 

Now I use Ultra Timer, but am going to try out Seconds, looks a bit easier to use. And a metronome for the lower timed sets.

 

I tend to loose my count with a metronome.

 

I've got timers set for all of the templates, one group for my classes with no lead in time, one for me with a 5 second lead in.

Erik Rissanen

For long holds I use "VoiceLap" for iOS. It's sound activated, so I can start it, get myself into the position and clap or voice to start the timer. Short holds are easier to count with a metronome though. I just google a metronome up when I need one.