Planche form with heavy legs/ankle weights

Started by JToivanen, February 18, 2013 · 0 Replies · 1,644 Views

JToivanen

So yesterday as I was fooling around on the rings I noticed I could perform this weird supported planche lean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyHXXTORLqk. Sorry for the terrible picture quality :)

 

I know that it is probably light years from the real thing, but there is one interesting aspect to consider if you pause at 12 s. The support provided by the rings is really close to the line of central gravity meaning that if my legs were even slightly heavier I would not be able to perform the planche on rings at all without the rings touching my body. Would it really be so? I know that for me it is just probably lack of strength and once I get stronger I will get the needed few centimeters off the rings.

 

What about an individual who had even heavier legs? Would he need to provide the additional leverage/torque from the hands or what? Maybe he would just need to satisfy with straddle planche or just go straight to performing maltese or something? I could imagine planche on parallettes would create really intense pressure on the wrists.

 

I know planche with ankle weights on the rings is not something you encounter everyday, but if anyone could bring any insight to it I would highly appreciate it.