This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

scheduling days

Started by spyro7800, February 18, 2013 · 6 Replies · 255 Views

spyro7800

I am currently doing F1 4days/week template.

Mon/Thu:FL/sPL/HBP/RC

Tue/Fri:Mn/SL/SLS

What if something comes up and I know that I won't be able to train on for example Monday. Should I just train on Sunday instead and take Monday Off?

FredInChina

Yes, or you could train Wednesday :)

pashamur

Not to take a stab at you, spyro7800, your question is totally valid and I agree with the answer you yourself proposed - rather my own rambling thoughts that have been floating around my head for a while.

 

<rant>

 

When people say "something came up, I couldn't do X," what I really hear is, "well, X wasn't a priority for me, so I decided to ignore it in favor of Y."

 

Now, if that is what you intended to say, there is no problem there - you know your priorities and are planning your life as you intend. If, however, you believe that you couldn't do X because of Y even though X is more important to you than Y, I call bullsh*t, and you need to reasess how you treat your priorities. If you care about something, you make time to do it. There are really few genuinely unavoidable excuses.

 

The main driving force here is fear: I fear that I will get kicked out of college if I don't do Y. Or, I fear that ____ will happen if I don't do Y. Learning to deal with your fear is step #1 to leading a fulfilling life, in my humble opinion.

 

</rant> 

Patrick Smith
spyro7800 said:

I am currently doing F1 4days/week template.

Mon/Thu:FL/sPL/HBP/RC

Tue/Fri:Mn/SL/SLS

What if something comes up and I know that I won't be able to train on for example Monday. Should I just train on Sunday instead and take Monday Off?

Yes. That is absolutely fine in the long run.

ausswe

I was just too tired one day thanks to long working hours all week so i skipped thursday and instead i did thursdays workout on friday morning and then fridays work out later that evening =D  so i didnt get off schedule.

spyro7800

pashamur, sometimes you have priority which is more important(training), but easier to reschedule without almost any negative impact. While the other activity(trip) may not be that high in priority, but impossible to reschedule.

 

For example I have a whole day trip to national park on Tuesday. I will come home after the gym is already closed. So I did what I wrote in first post.

 

Guys thanks for responses :)

Somalie

I can work 24+ hours straight. I would use my lunch break to move. Granted I have the equipment.

If I know I am going for the long hall I get up even earlier and move. Think of it as getting up and going out for the morning hunt.

Before f1 I would use an arrow board or anchor off a utility pole to do pull ups. The world is a playground in a sense.

My brother always says it to me "How much time does it take to make time?"