Another stall bar question :P

Started by Klaudius Petrulis, February 17, 2013 · 5 Replies · 3,049 Views

Klaudius Petrulis

Hi guys!

 

I've been looking into getting a stall bar for a while now, but with the foundations course I've been reinvigorated to purchase one. 


I used to work at a fitness equipment store and we sold a particular wall bar, wondering if this is ideal for a stall bar or if I should look into something else.  The reason I'm linking the one in particular is because I can get it fairly inexpensively from a former co-worker.

 

Thanks!

 

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/waterrower-wall-bars-14-bars.php

Cole Dano

Those look nice.

 

Does the fold out extension lock in the closed position so you can use it both open and closed?

Klaudius Petrulis

That's actually a really good question.  I'll have to look into it.

 

There is also a 10-Rung option, which is a little less expensive, but 14 rungs is more durable isn't it?

karimoo

14 rungs will give you more versatility, especially with mobility exercises.

karimoo

I was actually considering buying that one, but it was coming to almost $400 with taxes, and shipping is from Ohio so border charges might be pricey.  Decided to build my own recently, and will finish them probably tomorrow.  Cost me under $200.